Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Interior Color Problem

Blackout
12-08-2003, 12:54 PM
Im having a hard time finding a color that closely resembles a tan leather color for an interior. The closest match so far has been Tamiya's TS-46 Light Sand. Has anyone used this color, or know of another color that would be a better fit.

Ferrari TR
12-08-2003, 01:17 PM
I use Model Master "wood", and I think they have an interior tan color as well.
I'm trying to find an almost black color myself (very dark grey).
:p

freakray
12-08-2003, 01:18 PM
Did you have a look at XF-57 Buff?
I know it's a flat color buy you can lightly buff it (no pun intended) to get the sheen of leather.

Blackout
12-08-2003, 01:40 PM
so either model masters wood, or XF-57 Buff. I didn't see the Buff at my hobby store, so I'll try another shop in town. You guys wouldn't happen to have or know of any interior pics would you?

SonyMobile
12-08-2003, 01:54 PM
I have used buff on a few interiors, and i have to say its a very nice looking color. this is the closest thing that i have come to tan leather, just rub it a bit with somethin till it shine's a bit, and you have tan leather.

Ferrari TR
12-08-2003, 02:03 PM
Interiors pix of what car?

I find interior pix of most cars on E-bay motors... just depends what car you are looking for if that is a good source.

:p

Blackout
12-09-2003, 12:19 AM
what I meant was I was looking for interior pics of a model that had been painted with either Tamyia Buff, or Model Masters Wood color. Is there anything special that I need to rub the color with afterword or is a soft cloth fine?

Add your comment to this topic!