Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

ITR suspension?!

Veetec
12-16-2001, 10:03 AM
Some days ago Iīve met a guy from austria (who seemed to be deeply in the Honda scene) in the net and he told me that I shoudlnīt buy a coilover system for my future ITR if Iīm not lowering it more than 1,6 inch (=4cm???) because it would be fine with the stock struts then! He also said that I wouldnīt reach the performance of the stock suspension because I wouldnīt be able to adjust it that professionally and I think that heīs very right with that! What do you guys think about that? My goal was to get these ugly gap between the tires and the wheel-wells away (on stock rims/tires)! So what would you do?? Any ideas would be damn nice because I really donīt want to think about suspension problems anymore! PLEASE HELP ME OUT!!! THANX IN ADVANCE!
(By the way, Iīve posted this thread in the european and the suspension/tires/rims forums, too! So you donīt have to answer all of them!;) )

TigRo
12-17-2001, 07:15 AM
You really shouldn't worry about ITR suspension for now.
ITR's come stock lowered, and even if there is an ugly wheel well gap, it won't really be a problem if you just buy a set of 17s. If not, then go with the coilovers, I'm pretty sure your shocks wont be a problem. However, that austrian guy is right about performance. If you get coils, your suspension might be offset, because it unbalances the adjustments. I think you should get a suspension kit, because dealing with a TYPE-R's suspension isn't something anyone normally would do.

I lowered my GSR 1.7 inches in the front, and damn, it feels as if the shocks are going to blow any minute!!!! :)
well, tell me how it goes.:bloated:

Veetec
12-18-2001, 08:59 AM
I would buy some H&R coilovers which would lower my future ITR for about 1,4-1,6 inch! And a camber kit.
How is the handling of your GSR after putting the H&R springs in? Is it bouncy now? Or are there any other drawbacks when itīs about coilovers?? Thanx!

By the way, Iīm not going to buy any bigger rims than 15". 15" is best for an ITR!

TigRo
12-18-2001, 02:57 PM
Actually, my car is running just fine (suspension wise). I can take hard turns without squeeling my wheels, and its not very bouncy on the road. I would suggest coil overs, because they are a lot more reliable and they are good when you want to show your car. Springs just dont cut it, because you have to worry about a hell of a lot more, just like coils, but then again springs arent adjustable :/

well, tell me how the itr runs with h&Rs

Veetec
12-19-2001, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by TigRo
Actually, my car is running just fine (suspension wise). I can take hard turns without squeeling my wheels, and its not very bouncy on the road. I would suggest coil overs, because they are a lot more reliable and they are good when you want to show your car. Springs just dont cut it, because you have to worry about a hell of a lot more, just like coils, but then again springs arent adjustable :/

well, tell me how the itr runs with h&Rs Thatīs my opinion, too! But how do I know which would be the best adjustement for the coilover system so that it performs as good as the stock suspension or even better???? Itīs not like you just put them in and then itīs done. Thatīs the big question!:confused:

TigRo
12-19-2001, 10:05 PM
I think the best thing you should do, if you want suspension like your stock, just buy a suspension kit. They run pretty expensive ,but you wontt have to worry about anything. Other than that, just get shocks, camberkit, and some bars and your car shuold be fine.

Add your comment to this topic!