Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

214SI Cutting out!?!?!?!

cossa
12-06-2003, 10:48 AM
My first post on here lads so here goes....

I have a 1990 Rover 214Si 16 valve... starts and runs beautifully first time. It happened once where I was driving along and suddenly my car engine just stopped, the revs and the speedo hit 0. The car would not start for a few minutes but then started and done the same again a little further down the road. Now the space in the time of this happening has shortened and has become more and more regular. Even when it is idle it will still cut out. I have no idea of what the problem could be and would really appreciate some help if it is available.

thanks.

mechy1barry
12-07-2003, 02:13 PM
check the main engine relay(when it stops give it a tap)under centre console i think colour brown.

Bootneck
07-03-2005, 08:33 AM
Had the same problem, car started great then after a while is you stalled it wouldn't start for ages.

Bootneck

Try fitting a new rotor arm in the distributer.

My first post on here lads so here goes....

I have a 1990 Rover 214Si 16 valve... starts and runs beautifully first time. It happened once where I was driving along and suddenly my car engine just stopped, the revs and the speedo hit 0. The car would not start for a few minutes but then started and done the same again a little further down the road. Now the space in the time of this happening has shortened and has become more and more regular. Even when it is idle it will still cut out. I have no idea of what the problem could be and would really appreciate some help if it is available.

thanks.

Add your comment to this topic!