Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

R33

97dropcobra
12-06-2003, 09:39 AM
I'm starting to gather information on cars that interest me as I will have the money to buy one in a couple years. A Skyline GT-R33 is basically 50k from Motorex and a Gt-s is like 34k...I couldn't find any specs on the GT-s, so what is the difference between the two? Also does the GT-R33 really only run 14 second quarter miles? My Current car bests that stock. How much hp can a GT-R33 handle and still be a daily driver?

NiteskyR
12-06-2003, 10:17 AM
500bhp + lots of money, we ran a few GTS 's the quickest was 13.4, basically stock, 14 sec is a realistic figure tho

Linketh
01-09-2004, 05:16 AM
I'm starting to gather information on cars that interest me as I will have the money to buy one in a couple years. A Skyline GT-R33 is basically 50k from Motorex and a Gt-s is like 34k...I couldn't find any specs on the GT-s, so what is the difference between the two? Also does the GT-R33 really only run 14 second quarter miles? My Current car bests that stock. How much hp can a GT-R33 handle and still be a daily driver?
Nah dont get one of them. my first car was a hyundai excel, my second car was a ford mustang <still own> my third car was a maserati 3200gt and my most resently purchesed car is a TVR speed 12. start small spend all your money on school and then get a good job and upgrade slowly oh yeah and if you ever get the money buy a miata mx-5 i assume they would own a skyline as they do on need for speed underground

Bing Dang Wong
01-09-2004, 05:18 AM
Yeah like me i started with a mclaren f1 and upfraded to a horse drawn cart.

Linketh
01-09-2004, 05:20 AM
Yeah like me i started with a mclaren f1 and upfraded to a horse drawn cart.
EXACTLY LIKE HIM! good job my friend you sure are a smart cookie. i would assume that a horse and cart is much better fuel wise than a mclaren f1 and if you give the horseee steroids it would go just as fast. im impressed and i bow down to you

matada
01-09-2004, 08:13 PM
Biggest question you should ask yourself is "Do I want 4WD or RWD". You can easily convert either car into a RB26dett configuration, but with the GTR, you get the 4WD. If you like to drift you can still do it in the GTR by installing what is called a TCS or "traction control system" which you can set the bias of the 4WD system to operate as a RWD. There isn't much you can do with the GTS-T to make it 4WD, unless you buy the 32 GT4 which came with the RB20DET and 4WD.

BTW, I see a lot of errors on this board with people incorrectly designating the initial of the Skylines
Here is how it is broken down:

R32 GTR: RB26DETT 4WD with twin turbo
R32 GTS: Non turbo RB20DE
R32 GTS-T: RB20DET
R32 GT4: RD20 DET with 4WD
R32 GTS 25: RB25DE non turbo (this was only in '93 unless I am mistaken)
R33 GTS: RB20DE SOHC
R33 GTS 25T: RB25DET
R33 GTR: RB26DETT (4WD)
R34 GTS: RB25DE (NEO I believe)
R34GT-T: Neo 6 RB25DET
R34 GTR: RB26DETT 4WD

There are a gew I didn't include about like the GTE 32 which came with a 1.8 liter POS, but other than that, this should be a relatively accurate brakedown. Unless the car is a GTS-T, or a GT-T, it is a non turbo. Don't let some clowns sell you a Non turbo for more than a few K, as they are only about 2-4K for a pristine condition vehicle in Japan, but you would actually do better with a 240 sx with the SR swap over any non turbo skyline due to the weight difference.

Add your comment to this topic!