Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Cooling fan stays on, kills my power

mulletman_jerome
12-05-2003, 06:17 PM
My 2000 s10's cooling fan wont disengage, not only is that loud and annoying but it is killing my power. Being a volunteer fireman there are times i need that get up and go. Sometimes i can get it to shut off if it is cold outside and i start it up and before I let it warm up too much i run it real hard. It will kick off at a real high rpm, but not always. Let me know, thanks
jerome

GMMerlin
12-07-2003, 02:36 PM
Your truck is equipped with a factory fan clutch which is a thermatically controlled hydraulic clutch...if it won't disengage, you may need to have it replaced..

Being a volunteer fireman, you should know that the most dangerous time during an emergency incident is the response to the incident...remember to use "due regard" when responding in your P.O.V.
GMMerlin..proud member of the I.A.C.O.J. aka:roofhook....Ifsta FF1,FF2,Fire Officer 1 and Instructor 1..American Heart Ass'n CPR/AED Instructor and SCFA Adjunct instructor..."Safety First,Last and Always!"

mulletman_jerome
12-09-2003, 04:08 PM
Thanks for the insight, dont worry safety is first but we know it would be much safer if everyone would just get to the side of the road, jk. Anyway, we have had some "incidents" with personal vehicles so safety is always first.
Anyway thanks for the tip, I will have it inspected first thing.

Add your comment to this topic!