Page updated on 05-25-2018

Make My 2.0 Td Go Faster

Zuko
12-04-2003, 09:07 PM
I have a diesel Primera and I know it sounds daft but how can I improve the performance? I know I should've bought a petrol engine if I wanted to make it go faster, but I didn't so has anyone got any tips?

skip113
02-14-2004, 02:05 PM
You could see if you can find somewhere near you who does superchips, they add about 30bhp and 10% increase in torque.

GJJG
03-02-2004, 02:13 PM
In order of cost:

1) One of the cheapest ways to improve performance is to replace your stock air filter with a K&N air filter. This will help your car's engine breathe more easily.

2) You can also change your exhaust pipe to a high performance exhaust that allows exhaust gasses to escape from your engine more easily and quickly.

3) Your Primera has an engine management chip that regulates engine timing and fuel to air mixtures. There are a number of aftermarket electronic chips that you can purchase that replace the stock engine management chip. These aftermarket chips change the engine timing etc and can improve horsepower by as much as 25%

lazer
03-04-2004, 07:18 AM
HI There,

I have fitted a tuningbox to my Primera 2.0TD, and have noticed some improvement, mainly in torque at lower RPMs. Please check www.tuningbox.com for details. A cheaper alternative would be chip re-programming of the main chip, but I didn't do this because I wanted to have a solution I could take to a next car.

About the K&N air filter: I have checked the site, and not seen any models for the Nissan Primera 2.0TD. Have you been able to find one under the "custom" section?

Add your comment to this topic!