Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Squeaking noises from the hatch

94 GS-R
12-04-2003, 09:23 AM
I got a 94 integra GSR and there some weird squeaking noises from the hatch, it there any way I can tighten the latch or something
Please help

94blklighting
12-04-2003, 02:16 PM
Yea i have the same problem. I can hear it when i go over speed bumps i think mine just comes from me having to replace the shocks and struts. But i just got rear ended and hopefully i can play it off and keep telling them that sound was not there before :evillol: . Good thing i diffent get to messed up. But for your problem it could be your shocks and struts but then again it might just be old. I have a 94 gsr so maybe.

xsimpleaznx
12-04-2003, 02:33 PM
i have some weird noise coming from the back also. it doesnt sound like its coming from my shocks, im thinking its something with the lifts on the hatch maybe? its so annoying it sounds like mice talking :swear:

94blklighting
12-04-2003, 02:51 PM
Yea nice way of putting it. Exactly what it sounds like. :smile:

loesch8102
12-04-2003, 06:26 PM
Go to Pep boys and get some white lithium grease. It's in a spray paint type can. Spray the hell out of the latch mechanism. That should fix it up.

WhiteTeg
12-04-2003, 11:49 PM
i have the same sound on my 95 LS. cept i know its not the shocks or sturuts, it sounds kinda like my seats or the trunk...somethin in tha back

94 GS-R
12-05-2003, 07:17 AM
yeah at first it sounded like the rear suspensions but after a listened to is carefully i was sure it was the hatch. i tried greasing the things that holds the trunk up but it didn't help.

i am almost positive it is the hatch 98%

kwik46
01-17-2004, 03:22 PM
Bang your fist on the panel that covers the rear windshield wiper. That's where the noise comes from in my 98 GSR. When it gets warmer, I'm going to pull off that panel and see what it is. Let me know if you find something.

Also, the exhaust not causes some serious vibration from the sheet metal that holds the latch mechanism to the rear deck. I'm thinking either Dynamat or spray on sound deadener.

homeslice0229
01-17-2004, 03:58 PM
It could be the weather. If it's cold like it is here in ohio, it's just the winter. Ice gets in the cracks and when you drive, it moves and squeeks pretty bad. In the warm weather however, I don't have a problem.

shaunthebadass
01-17-2004, 05:43 PM
there is supposedly a way to tighten that latch on the hatch. my friend told me how to do it some time ago and i dont remember how. ill have to find out from him and post the answer.
p.s. its very common in the integras

ematrixLS
01-18-2004, 02:31 PM
I had this same problem, I found a fix for it recently though. If you open your trunk and you look by the latch part that clicks into the bottom, to the right and left of that metal ring thing you will see rubber things. Those rubber things are supposed to make the trunk close tighter and not sway and squeek, but... they suck. If you look at where the trunk closes and where those plastic things touch the top of your taillights you will see your trunk lip right behind that, what I did was take 2 washclothes and fold them up and put them on each side over the lip where the plastic things go. Once I did that and closed the trunk with them in place like that the squeeking stopped. WD-40 does not work, I tried that before.

integralover
01-19-2004, 11:47 PM
yea there are mice in my trunk too. so does the litium grease really work? we need a really good answer here

Add your comment to this topic!