Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

new primera 1.8 sve 2002

Mikejps
12-04-2003, 09:01 AM
My primera is 18 months old and has 60,000 miles on the clock, very few problems however, engine starts to over heat during long high speed runs, and now the air conditioning is fogging up the interior of the car when on auto. Garage has not come up with obvious fault. can anyone help? Thoughts and ideas much appreciated.

P12_Driver
12-24-2003, 08:44 PM
My primera is 18 months old and has 60,000 miles on the clock, very few problems however, engine starts to over heat during long high speed runs, and now the air conditioning is fogging up the interior of the car when on auto. Garage has not come up with obvious fault. can anyone help? Thoughts and ideas much appreciated.

I've got a 1.8 SE 2002, with 34k on it, not had that problem, suggest u check that Both fans are working ok under the bonnet by radiator.......
one is for engine the other one only comes on when u hit the a/c button!!
problem on long high speed runs sounds like a cooling/coolant problem, u have got enough water in the engine/rad?(sorry gotta ask!)
Check ur underbonnet fans, start engine, check if fan/fans running,hit a/c button, at least one fan should start when a/c button pressed.If no fan runs when a/c button pressed.....could be a faulty fan, or sensor.

Hope it's of soom help.

Add your comment to this topic!