Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

my vtec doesent work =(

vtecgsrdohc
12-03-2003, 10:02 PM
heLLo. ive been hittin my head everywehere tryin ta find out why my v tec doesent work. what happen was that i just got my head done.. i replaced my piston rings and got my head resurfaced and cleaned. after i put everything back togeather i drove my car carefully for about 1000 miles....now i cant get my vtec ta kik in....i understand that there are two stages to the vtec system for the b 18 motor. one kiks in at 4600 rpm and the 2nd at 5900 rpm. well the problem is that i cant hear the 2nd stage kik in...n e one that has a gsr knows that at 5900 u can hear the vtec but i cant..and there is no power at that point ..ive checked everything from the vtec solanoid to the ecu..and i cant figure out what the problem is..someone please help me

whtteg
12-03-2003, 10:29 PM
The "first satge" as you put it is the secondary butterflies opening in the intake manifold. As fas as your VTEC not working have you checked your oil level? It needs to be full. Also there is a filter in the solenoid valve make sure that it is clean and clear. Who put the motor back together?

vtecgsrdohc
12-03-2003, 10:51 PM
ive checked my oil levels and it is all ok..also ive replaced the solonoid whit my brothers and his works fine. but when we swapped it my car was still not working.ive also checked the ohm being sent to the solonoid and everything is ok. i can hear the 1st stage but there is no 2nd stage

angel02
12-04-2003, 11:20 AM
hey my bf has the same problem. he drives a 96 gsr and he doesn't think his vtec is working either or if it doesn't cant hear it that well. i think said something about resetting the car or the vtec part so the car knows its there or doing something else which i can't remember. if u find out whats wrong let me know. maybe its the same problem.

Add your comment to this topic!