Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

glue

David_
12-03-2003, 08:56 PM
hey, (sorry for all the new threads)

i saw ur glue tutorial, and i just wanted to say i have the revell glue, blue bottle, thin needle coming out the top, the dude said it was welding glue, or plastic glue, and it doesn't fog up windows (fogged up a lil bit)

i was wondering if this glue should be used for window parts, and if i should spread along the whole perimiter, or just use dot dot dot dot method? (8 dots in all aprox)

anyway, waht type of glue is this? cement, super, or crystal clear?

Ferrari TR
12-04-2003, 12:23 AM
I don't use solvent cement or super glue (ca) on windows at all.
I use plain old 'elmers' white glue if the windows fit well and only need to stay in place or '5 minute' epoxy glue if they need a little encouragement to fit.
:p

RallyRaider
12-04-2003, 05:26 AM
What glue tutorial?

If it is plastic 'welding' glue then keep it away from clear parts. Other than that, experiment and find out what works for you. Don't any of you young folks do that anymore?

David_
12-04-2003, 08:35 AM
hmm... they said that it was ok for windows, i guessed they lied... what product should i use for windows? (any around the home that'll work? hobby glue, clear gum? etc?)

freakray
12-04-2003, 08:38 AM
You could use white glue for windows as long as it is the type that dries clear.

dag65
12-04-2003, 11:01 AM
theres a special glue for lcear parts called Krystal Klear

willimo
12-04-2003, 11:33 AM
I use epoxy almost always. I don't handle my models a lot but every once in a while, a window held by white glue will pop out in my experience. Epoxy dries clear, pretty much, but if you get one of the two parts on the glass alone, it will smudge and be kind of hard to clean. I only use a tiny bead run around the edge, though, so the epoxy won't show up. The kind I use is thick, and doesn't squeeze out of tight spots when I use just a tiny bit. It can also fill some gaps, like around the windows of Revell's 510.

CamaroSSBoy346
12-04-2003, 03:55 PM
i use testors orange tube glue for the windows (and everything else..)

600sel
12-04-2003, 10:21 PM
David,

Do NOT use this for clear parts. Revell Contacta Special is for clear parts.

David_
12-05-2003, 03:34 AM
those hobby store ppl lied to me.... they said "don't use super glue, itll fog up ur glass" i said, "what wont" they gave me the revel glue....

i think ill just use bluetak for now, as i have no idea what products you guys just told me about, but thanks for correcting the welding glue probs, ta

ae86_takumi
12-05-2003, 01:16 PM
Epoxy works best for me on clear parts

chaos
12-05-2003, 06:11 PM
those hobby store ppl lied to me.... they said "don't use super glue, itll fog up ur glass" i said, "what wont" they gave me the revel glue....

i think ill just use bluetak for now, as i have no idea what products you guys just told me about, but thanks for correcting the welding glue probs, ta
I doubt bluetak will help any cos it very likely going to be seen on the model. You mentioned you have no idea about the products the guys here mentioned - just pop into a art/craft store and get some white glue - ask the store assistant - its that simple!! :)

David_
12-06-2003, 04:45 AM
white glue... can i use pva? (wood glue)

Add your comment to this topic!