Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Mega Cruiser!!

JD@af
04-13-2001, 04:36 AM
Wow!! There was a Toyota named the Mega Cruiser? Awesome!!!

enzo@af
04-13-2001, 09:56 AM
Yeah, it looks like a blatant copy of a hummer.
http://www.megacruiser.com/images/mega1.gif

GTO-TT/Chev57
04-13-2001, 03:08 PM
yep looks like a Hummer,never seen or heard of one
whats the spec's on it enzo,thanks

enzo@af
04-13-2001, 04:19 PM
Oh, boy...I don't really know the specs. I'll go looking...be right back.

enzo@af
04-13-2001, 04:26 PM
150 hp and 280 ft lbs
For dimensions and all the fun stuff, click here (http://www.megacruiser.com/specifications/index.html)

GTO-TT/Chev57
04-13-2001, 06:59 PM
Thanks enzo whats the price diff between the Hummer.
the Toyota has got a big cc motor for a four cylinder

Morpheus XIII
06-06-2001, 02:00 AM
I remember reading somewhere that this sucker has 4-wheel steering--not like the ones from the Skyline, 300ZX, 3000GT, Prelude--but more like the ones from those multi-axle fire trucks, where you can actually SEE the rear wheels turn in the opposite direction of the front wheels. I also vaguely remember reading that it was over the $100 grand mark. This thing looks more like a Japanese tour bus rather than a military HMMWV. The Hummer has a much more timeless look. (except for that H2 design, which looks like it belongs in a rap video) :smoker2:

enzo@af
06-06-2001, 02:03 AM
4-wheel steering like monster trucks then, eh? That's pretty tight.

primera man
06-06-2001, 04:14 AM
Originally posted by enzo@af
Yeah, it looks like a blatant copy of a hummer.

I SECOND THAT !!!!!

DVSNCYNIKL
06-06-2001, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by primera man

I SECOND THAT !!!!!

You'll second anything!!:rolleyes: hehehe

Anyway, 150hp?? That thing is big and all it has is that. Probably sluggish as hell. I don't know the specs on a Hummer, but I know it has to be more than that. I'll take the HumV!

enzo@af
06-06-2001, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by DVSNCYNIKL

That thing is big and all it has is that. Probably sluggish as hell. I don't know the specs on a Hummer, but I know it has to be more than that. I'll take the HumV!

Yeah, this would make a horrible drag car:D

But, even the Turbo Diesel Hummers take close to 20 seconds to get to 60. Speed isn't the driving force there, it's the fact that it can drive over most anything.

DVSNCYNIKL
06-06-2001, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by enzo@af

Yeah, this would make a horrible drag car:D

But, even the Turbo Diesel Hummers take close to 20 seconds to get to 60. Speed isn't the driving force there, it's the fact that it can drive over most anything.

I wasn't referring to drag with that comment. I was referring to the fact that with that little horsepower, it wouldn't be that well to perform in let's say, climbing and stuff like that slappy!:rolleyes: :D

At least the Hummers have torque which help it out more. Plus they come with like 195hp to move that bulk. I just don't see that Toyota as a powerhouse.

primera man
06-06-2001, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by DVSNCYNIKL

hey.....:finger: :finger:

DVSNCYNIKL
06-06-2001, 03:51 PM

hey.....:finger: :finger:

Hey Primera!!!!

http://www.zing.com/picture/pafbe39165b7118987f6df6c793f61f27/fe968b36.gif

http://cwm.ragesofsanity.com/cwm/cwm3d/3dbiggrin3.gif http://cwm.ragesofsanity.com/cwm/cwm3d/3dbiggrin3.gif

primera man
06-06-2001, 03:56 PM
...:D :D :D....LMAO !!!!!

YOUR DA MAN !!!! :sun: :sun:

DVSNCYNIKL
06-06-2001, 03:58 PM
...:D :D :D....LMAO !!!!!

YOUR DA MAN !!!! :sun: :sun:

You damn right!!!

http://www.zing.com/picture/p206f237b06f613256c41ce4c1bba29bf/fe8d8be6.gif

Seraph
10-12-2001, 02:52 AM
Buy this and never worry about parking availability again...no parking space - make parking spce!!!:D

LiuBei
12-11-2001, 12:56 PM
Yes this would have to be Toyota's {hell Japan's} version of the Hummer. I think the real difference would be that the Toyota wouldn't fall apart like the Hummer.

Morpheus XIII
12-13-2001, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by LiuBei
Yes this would have to be Toyota's {hell Japan's} version of the Hummer. I think the real difference would be that the Toyota wouldn't fall apart like the Hummer.

You are talking about regular wear of the vehicle, I presume. But when it comes to mushing it through hell and back, the Hummer will come out one top; with better drive angle capabilities (72 degrees vs. Megacruiser's 49 degrees) and better go-anywhere features (run-flat system, CTTS pressure/contact patch adjustment) the Hummer should be able to defeat the MC in any grueling survival test. Everyday reliability isn't really a factor for these beasts, which are used for specialized driving; for example, dropping down an axle for a wheel to touch the ground, while keeping the other three tucked in, while making like an elevator up boulder-plagued terrain doesn't have much to do with how many centuries your power windows will survive. Sometimes capability is more important than reliability.

For more discussion, check this thread (http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/t79.html).

ZondaFreak02
04-23-2002, 06:24 PM
i've never heard of this b4.. and im a pretty big toyota fan..hum...kool!

__________________________________________________ __________

eat...sleep...race

Morpheus XIII
04-24-2002, 05:34 AM
Well, the MC never received a whole lot of publicity, since it was an expensive limited production model. But it is a nice attempt at a HMMWV. Notice how this further reinforces the generalization that the Japanese cannot innovate, but instead revolutionize someone else's idea? This goes for just about everything they make, but hey, I don't mind. I'd rather have a Nintendo than an Atari.

NSX
06-24-2003, 10:14 PM
4 cylinders inline 4.104-Liter

:eek:

1.0Litre / Cyliner?!!!
That's massive

Cruizinfj40
08-12-2003, 05:16 PM
Are you guys crazy? To think that yall are bad mouthing Toyota and one of you even said that Toyota is not innovative in their car manufacturing. Toyota is leading the the trails with their off road machine, the LandCruiser FJ-100! It has been awarded by Peterson's 4X4 as one of the greatest off road machines of all time.

It would be an insult to even compare the rich man's Hummer to the Mega Cruiser! The insult going towards the Mega Cruiser. Most of the time the Hummers barely see dirt, unless they are being used to shoot a commercial! The Mega Cruiser went head to head with the Hummer in tests and came out victorious. Test showed that the Mega Cruiser with its full time 4 wheel drive and 4 wheel steering overcame every obstacle while the Hummer tended to overheat and on one obstacle split an axle. I suggest you kids go do a little research before you bad mouth the #1 Truck maker, Toyota, and their of road gods, including the Mega Cruiser!!!

Dynastar197
09-14-2003, 10:28 PM
From one Fj owner to another I fully second that. Although i do find it amusing to see people bash on stuff while trying to sound as sophisticated as possible when they dont even have a clue as to what there talking about. I would take a Mega Cruiser over an H1 and definetly over a POS H2 and day of the week.

my_invest
01-28-2004, 03:20 PM
What TLC can do and H2 cannot.

http://www.man-a-fre.com/gallery/lockwood/DSCN0037a.JPG

mxracer8503
02-17-2004, 01:11 PM
if they ar eso great then why is it that the hummer still goes to war but the all superior jap model doesnt?????? now i am not trying to dog japenese vehicles cuz i happen to own a mr2 but trying to compare another suv to the hummer is just ridiculos( boy i know i spelled that wrong) hummers save lives every day and that thing wants to every day.

my_invest
02-17-2004, 01:28 PM
There is a difference between a Hummer going to the war and H2 being used for grocery shopping. Hum-ve is a legend for all good reasons and H2 is a bustard child of unimaginative American automobile manufacturers marketing machine. Look around you and you will see all American cars getting worse every year. Because these companies are run by marketing people not engineers. That's why we don't see any FJ40's or similar being manufactured these days. Mega cruiser could be the last in line among the legends. Even TLC has lost their touch and all that is left is as we call "Mommy Cruisers"

mxracer8503
02-17-2004, 02:08 PM
i agree i hate the h2 the are just trying to make money off the good hummer name. i hate them even if the do say hummer on them. i dont think they deserve to have hummer printed on them. they suck

Artimusbill
08-18-2004, 03:13 AM

Anyway, 150hp?? That thing is big and all it has is that. Probably sluggish as hell. I don't know the specs on a Hummer, but I know it has to be more than that. I'll take the HumV!

I think the original Hummer had like 150 HP, but something like 300+lb/ft torque out of it's diesel engine.

DoctorNo
09-28-2004, 09:44 PM
Well, first of all, the 4.1L 4 cylinder is pretty large for a 4 cylinder, and if Toyota still were producung the Mega Cruiser, they'd most likely fit it with their 4.7L V8 thats offered on the 4Runner, Sequoia, and Land Cruiser as well as the Lexus LX and GX. The 4.7 liter V8 is designed for high torque off-road applications and would find a nice home under the hood of a Mega Cruiser. Its specs are: 270 hp @ 5400 rpm/330 lb.-ft. @ 3400 rpm for the current model, however, it runs on gasoline. The fuel of choice for military applications (and the current Mega Cruiser application) is deisel because it is not as volatile as gasoline and less likely to ignite from a spark. My 2004 Lexus LX 470 weighs in at 5590 lbs, and it goes from 0-60mph in 9.7 seconds. Thats a far cry from a porsche 911 gt2, but its pretty damn fast for a vehicle that weighs almost 3 tons.

TRD2000
10-18-2004, 02:12 PM
why does the hummer go to war and that doesn't?

thats easy the owners aren't (since 1945) warmongers.

next perhaps reliability isn't an issue if you plan on offroading in your front paddock, but if you plan on actually going anywhere you might not want to walk back. specially if its hostile terrain, war or not.

Diesel is a better fuel because, aside from spark issues, diesel engines tend to produce a lot of torque at low revs and can use a multitude of fuels. after WWII many diesel vehicles ran on heating oil in europe. you can run it on cooking oil! thats gotta be good if your actually going away from civilisation. AND the fuel usage is considerably less, meaning less logistics for the military, meaning less danger, and more range for civilians, meaning economy and safety. Diesel engines also dont have much of an electrical system so there's a LOT less to go wrong, get air to them and they'll run underwater.

originality? you guys have seen the lamborghini off roader huh? dont even bother.

Euro19
12-09-2004, 03:03 PM
ahh yeahh i´ve heard of it..

AlienEvolution
01-05-2005, 04:17 PM
the 150 hp thing is not very important... the main thing is how it has close to 300 torque, which is insane for a 4 cyllinder.

Im pretty sure that the MC would be able to do at least as much as a hummer... and like LuiBei said, it wouldnt fall apart like a hummer would, oh wow, a hummer can make it through 1 trip before extensive repairs are needed... sounds like a great vehicle for civilian use!
Im betting that if the MC cant do as much as far as off-road capability now, it wouldnt take very many modifications to make it meet/beat a hummer.

Add your comment to this topic!