Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Sakatsu Honda S2000 Detail Kit

willimo
09-23-2003, 04:58 PM
Actually, two questions.

The photo etch set from Sakatsu includes two pairs of the mesh that goes in the seats. At first I thought the second set went into the roll bar things behind the seat, but the don't fit and besides that, real S2000s don't have mesh there. Also, one pair has an edge of metal around it, and the other does not. So I was wondering why there are two, what do you do with the second set?

There are also two little badges (I guess) that are rectangular, and say S2000 and Honda on them. I have no idea where these go. Haven't seen them on any of my reference material, nor do I recall anything like that on any S2000's I've seen. What are those for and where do they go?

The instructions are in Japanese, so I can't just read them.... anyway, if anyone can let me know I'd be forever appreciative. Thanks.

OrangeR
09-23-2003, 10:15 PM
I'm building an S2000 also and taked off the plastic simulated mesh to replace it for real mesh, it's a hard work so my guess is that those two metal's goes one in the front and one in the back (sandwich style) this is for replicate the real mesh otherwise you would have to carve a line in the middle to hold it and It's quite imposibble, besides one end, front or back, is bigger than the other and this helps you to attach it with CA glue, well that's my opinion.

Oh! I forgot to tell you those rectangular things are in reality number plates well no numbers but they show the type of car je je je

Hope to be of some help in that matter.

Please post your progress to!!! I really want to see your S2000!!!!

BVC500
12-03-2003, 01:08 PM
Does anyone know what these two small badges (between the gear shift surround and pedals in the picture) are for and where do they go? Thanks! See link for picture:

http://www.racingresin.com/products/sakatsu/sak_3034_image.htm

Jay!
12-03-2003, 04:01 PM
Judging from HLJ's pic of the same, I'd have to guess they're center-mirror faces. Makes sense, because the kit comes with faces for the side mirrors. Dunno why there'd be two, though...

http://www.hlj.com/cgi-perl/hljpage.cgi?SAK3034

BVC500
12-03-2003, 04:10 PM
No, they're not mirror faces. They are not the right shape, too small, and have writing on them. They appear to be badges, but I don't know what for and where they go. I have the detail kit, but since I can't read Japanese, I don't know what they are for. Thanks, though.

Any other thoughts?

Jay!
12-03-2003, 04:39 PM
I can't see any detail of any badge-esque marking in either picture. Any chance you can get a better pic?

If I'm seeing the instructions in the background correctly, the item pointing to the parts in question (i think) spells out "hu-ro-a-ma-to en-pu-re-[obscured]-[obscured]" in katakana. Sound like anything in english?

ales
12-03-2003, 04:41 PM
Why don't you scan/take a pic of the instruction sheet and I'm sure someone here will be ably to translate it for you.

Jay!
12-03-2003, 04:48 PM
Ohh... MediaMix has a nice big picture:

http://www.mediamixhobby.com.sg/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=447

I can see the detail now... :p

Are they radio faces? On the real car the radio head unit is covered by a little flip-down door, and the head unit itself is a bit smaller than the size of that door...

willimo
12-03-2003, 04:59 PM
I had the same question with my set. In all the research I did on an S2000 (including going to a dealership and taking tons of pictures) I found nothing even remotely similar to them. My first guess was that they went on the door sills, but that isn't the case. No idea what they're for, sorry I can't help you, but I am curious too!

Since I can't wait, I copied my old instructions onto a pad and took a picture of it (no scanner). I think I made it legible, but I don't know the nuances of Japanese character. This is what the instructions say regarding the parts:

http://files.automotiveforums.com/gallery/watermark.php?file=503/75086sakatsu-med.jpg

Eh?

Edit: No, they aren't radio faces. The part is a rectangle that is bisected lengthwise by a line. Above the line it has the S2000 logo, and below the line it says something ilegible. (Upon close inspection under a magnifying glass, it looks like "HONDA.")

Jay!
12-03-2003, 05:14 PM
2 words:

-fu-ro-a-ma-to - "Floor mat" (hah, my fault. i read it wrong the first time and got the 'h' sound stuck in my head for the beginning sound.)

-en-bu-re-mu - "emblem"

willimo
12-04-2003, 12:05 AM
Floormat emblem? All that for floormat emblem?? Please, don't let me be the only one that feels silly now....!

Just kidding. Though I do feel silly, it's good to know. Thanks a lot Jay! I didn't know you did japanese?

BVC500
12-04-2003, 07:54 AM
That explains why there are two of them. Thanks!

Jay!
12-04-2003, 11:47 AM
I don't actually know Japanese, per se, but I know enough katakana characters to sound out English words written in Japanese. :bloated:

Mostly I pick it up from browsing Japanese sites...

ales
12-04-2003, 12:06 PM
Jay = showoff :D

:icon16:

Add your comment to this topic!