Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

91 s-10 blazer headlights on engine sputters

jbs6777
12-02-2003, 04:03 PM
i have a 1991 s-10 blazer tahoe...i can drive all day long no problems...but if i turn on the headlights, with in a few seconds not right away...starts sputtering and backfiring....what the hello is going on...does any body know ....turning on blower for heater makes worse some times...have already replaced alternator...and pulled bulbs checking for bad bulbs..and wiring problems at lights....if i disconnect the wire for dash and perimiter lights (parking lights) it still runs fine...help please......

fishtoday925
02-05-2004, 09:05 PM
hey did you try replacing your coil. that might be worn. check under your distributor cap. that rotar might also be worn

cobra1
02-06-2004, 05:46 AM
check all electrical connections, particularly the battery cables, and all cables that connect to the starter. nearly all vehicle electical power originates there. also check all grounds and grounding straps on the engine if there are any.

quaddriver
02-06-2004, 10:08 AM
i have a 1991 s-10 blazer tahoe...i can drive all day long no problems...but if i turn on the headlights, with in a few seconds not right away...starts sputtering and backfiring....what the hello is going on...does any body know ....turning on blower for heater makes worse some times...have already replaced alternator...and pulled bulbs checking for bad bulbs..and wiring problems at lights....if i disconnect the wire for dash and perimiter lights (parking lights) it still runs fine...help please......

well you are describing a problem where it is not getting enuf current....try this:

key on, engine OFF, turn on blower and lights - do lights dim drastically or go out? Id suspect a connection or the solenoid on the starter

Add your comment to this topic!