Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

purge kit for dry nitrous???

got v-tec?
12-02-2003, 04:05 AM
do i need a purge kit for dry nitrous?

TEAM KLR
12-02-2003, 07:40 AM
NO, not because it is dry or wet. the purge allows you to evacuate "hot or bad" nitrous. if you have ever had the bottle turned on for alittle while before you actually used it you noticed that the first time you spray the car crackles and pops "back fires". the purge lets you evacuate that bad nitrous so you have fresh, cold, clean nitrous at the syllanoid. it works the same for wet or dry.

got v-tec?
12-02-2003, 05:34 PM
NO, not because it is dry or wet. the purge allows you to evacuate "hot or bad" nitrous. if you have ever had the bottle turned on for alittle while before you actually used it you noticed that the first time you spray the car crackles and pops "back fires". the purge lets you evacuate that bad nitrous so you have fresh, cold, clean nitrous at the syllanoid. it works the same for wet or dry.
so your saying i do need one?

whtteg
12-02-2003, 05:38 PM
You don't have to have one but you can benefit from one.

cuba3377
12-02-2003, 11:51 PM
if you are a street racer, that only uses the laugh gas on a weekly, or even monthly basis, i suggest u save your money. besides, when u race you normally turn the nitrous on right before. NOW...... if you race constantly in the track, where you have the nitrous on in between runs, then its worth it.

another reason u might want it, is because it attacts attention at lights ^ ^.

got v-tec?
12-03-2003, 12:18 AM
another reason u might want it, is because it attacts attention at lights ^ ^.[/QUOTE]
why? is it loud? is there a button to release the extra air in the line?

cuba3377
12-03-2003, 12:44 AM
got v-tec, not only is it loud, but you also see the fog come out of the purge valve. some people like to put it through there fenders, if you have some like the Z3. trust me, it looks very proffesional.

BTW basicly, its a button to let the extra Air/nitrous between the bottle and the manifold out. because it comes out pressered, it makes a pssshhhhh sound, and a quick fog comes out.

got v-tec?
12-04-2003, 01:29 AM
badass! and i do got z3 fenders. that'll be tight. so if you have your n20 on and then push the button it will just keep spraying out the purge valve right?

whtteg
12-05-2003, 04:01 PM
badass! and i do got z3 fenders. that'll be tight. so if you have your n20 on and then push the button it will just keep spraying out the purge valve right?

Yes, but it will be watsing the itrous and nitrous is not real cheap $3.50 lb here. The purpose of the purge is to get a good clean consentrated shot of nitrous from the start. You will notice that the nitrous will "hit" a little harder when you purge the line.

HondaIntegraXSI
12-05-2003, 09:14 PM
I use a purge valve, and think its a total waste of money... It kicks in harder, but it still does the same thing..

firefighter0143
06-20-2004, 02:43 AM
i got a stage 1 nitrous express (50 shot)
with purge, what the guy said on top......you really don't need it....... but it does kick ass, just to let the other guy your packin nitrous....
thats bout it.....

DeleriousZ
06-20-2004, 03:48 AM
dude.. this thread is like 6 months old! how do you find this stuff??

1gspot
06-20-2004, 03:28 PM
purge valves are a good way to make people crap themselves before a race. especially if your car is already a sleeper

Add your comment to this topic!