Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

94 Teggy ls (how far up is the neutral safty switch?)

cuba3377
12-01-2003, 07:46 PM
How far up is the neutral safty switch on 94-00 integras?
I have someone trying to install a remote start, but, he didnt find the switch, instead he bypassed cruise control clutch switch.
Can anybody walk me through????
>^.^< >X.X< >^.^<

whtteg
12-01-2003, 10:33 PM
Is the car Automatic or manual? If there is a cruise control clutch switch then it has to be an manual tranny and in this case it will not have a neutral safety switch. Only auto trannys have the neutral saftey switch and it is located on the shift lever assembly on the drivers side. You just have to follow the wires from the neutral and park posistions and thaht is where you want ot solder the wire to. Good luck I know how big of a poain in the ass a remote starter install can be LOL.

cuba3377
12-01-2003, 10:55 PM
ITs manual. doesnt manual have a switch on the clutch, so u wont engage the car in gear?

whtteg
12-01-2003, 11:16 PM
The best thing I have found to do with a remote start kit on a manual is hook the neutral saftey switch wire from the remote starter to the parking brake switch wire, this way the car will not start unless the parking brake is on. As far as not being able to start it in geart you can start it in gear as long as the clucth is depressed, but if you bypass the clutch switch then the car will be able to be started in gear and the possibility of the car running away is aparent.

cuba3377
12-01-2003, 11:20 PM
very good idea. ive heard of too many people that have had to chase there car down the street. >.<

ponchonutty
12-02-2003, 06:05 PM
very good idea. ive heard of too many people that have had to chase there car down the street. >.<

I have a better idea. I install a motion sensor so if the starter can feel the car jerk, it kills it. Most cars can still creep even with the parking brake on. :banghead:

Add your comment to this topic!