Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Looking to Purchase a Bongo

mandymelville-love
12-01-2003, 07:29 AM
Hi

My husband and I are very keen to purchase a Bongo Friendee. We looked into it at the weekend and have given our specification to a company in Worcester, West Midlands, who will now try and find us what we require!

Obviously there are numerous questions running through our minds and we were wondering if you could help us out?

Firstly, are Bongo's suitable for towing a caravan? We currently have a 15ft long caravan.

We have been told that we will be looking to pay no more than £6,500 for a 1997 model, fully SVAd. Is this about right?

Is there anything we should be wary of?

Many thanks in advance.

Mandy

bongoman
12-01-2003, 05:30 PM
If you have not done so already, check out the owners club site at www.bongofury.co.uk

mandymelville-love
12-02-2003, 03:34 AM
Thanks Bongoman

I have indeed been on the Bongofury website and found it of great assistance. I couldn't find much to do with towing however, unless I become a member, which I don't want to do until we've actually purchased a Bongo....hope that makes sense.

Thanks anyway.

Mandy

bongoman
12-02-2003, 09:57 AM
Mandy,

One of our members regularly tows a 20 feet caravan, and says the Bongo is the best towing vehicle he has ever used.

M Jay
02-15-2004, 08:59 AM
Looking to purchase a Bongo as well. Where in Worcester are you looking as that would be more convenient to me than the other suppliers who either seem to be in Poole or Huddersfield!

mandymelville-love
04-07-2004, 06:26 AM
I've only just seen this message sorry!

Have you found a Bongo yet? We are STILL looking! Unfortunately we are having to travel all over the country as most of the local ones aren't really up to scratch. I know of a place in Stourbridge and Walsall that have Bongos, but they are very pricey for the condition they are in.

littlemovers
04-24-2004, 08:55 AM
Hi I know of a couple of people who can pull a 15ft and the other a 20ft caravan with their 4WD bongos and have no problems. Hope you have found your van now?

mandymelville-love
04-26-2004, 04:21 AM
Hi, thanks for that confirmation.

Unfortunately we still haven't found a Bongo. I've just spotted a silver one, W reg/2000, less that 14000 miles and I've also got a private importer getting one in at the beginning of May which we are having first refusal on. So fingers crossed we'll be sorted soon.

littlemovers
04-27-2004, 02:55 PM
Hi
If you are interessted in a conversion check out www.bongofury.co.uk and follow our link. The site is a bit old but the conversion and contact details are the same! Good luck getting your van. Have you tryed buying them at the docks?

Littlemovers.

mandymelville-love
04-28-2004, 03:47 AM
Hi, as you will have seen from my other thread regarding agility, a conversion wouldn't really be of any use to us as we wish to 'cage out' the boot space, so we need all the room we can get.

I must admit to never having thought about buying at the docks - in fact I didn't know you could do this. How does this work?

littlemovers
05-03-2004, 09:30 AM
I dont know how to do this. it is meant to be full of risks ie no warranty etc. but was told it might be possible?! I prefer to buy of main dealers as it saves all the risk and hassle. hope you get the van.

bongoowner
05-11-2004, 05:03 PM
I managed to find a local supplier, I purchased one from an importer i Cheshire(cheshirecarimports) in January, it has pulled my caravan easily. Much better than any of my previous vehicles. I went for the 4WD model

Add your comment to this topic!