Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

lifts, i need help!

skierdude67
11-30-2003, 07:09 PM
ok i have an 87 wrangler, i need to fit at least 33's, preferably 35's i dont do much trailing, but we have some mud, hills, and wheeling that we liek to do, can i do this, 1 /14 shackle lift, 3 inch body, and 2' add a leaf, and if i need to i will shave, but if this works, what will i need to do to get it to work, ie suspenison, transfer case, steering brakes extc please help!

skierdude67
11-30-2003, 07:11 PM
sorry 1 and 1/4 shackles

windywinters
12-06-2003, 08:10 AM
I have 89 Wrangler running 33" tires with a 3" suspension lift and a 1" body lift. I'm not a big fan of body lifts and mine had a 3" body lift when I bought it. I lowered it to a 1" and am much happier . Keep in mind that with a 3" body lift you will need to extend the steering shaft and move the radiator shroud ( most kits inlude the parts / insructions ). With the suspension lift you will need to insert spacers on the transfer case cross member to maintain proper driveshaft angle. This is all very easy to do. The hardest part for me was a couple of the body mounting bolts were rusted badly and hard to break loose. Use plenty of penetrating oil in advance and have air tools or at least a 1/2" breaker bar ready.

Add your comment to this topic!