Keyless Remote

sid315
11-30-2003, 07:12 PM
FYI - I needed a new keyless remote for my 2001 Tribute and was shocked to get quotes of over $50 from various Mazda and Ford dealers. So... I went on E-Bay, found a new one for $18 including shipping, AND it came with instructions for programming. All you have to do is:
Have all your remotes in the car with you before programming. This is necessary since a new code will be now be set and any older remotes will need this new code. You put the key in the ignition, cycle the key from OFF to RUN (not START) 8 times within 10 seconds, ending in the RUN position. All doors will lock then unlock to confirm programming mode. Press any key on the first remote transmitter. Door locks will cycle to confirm programming. Press any button on 2nd transmitter (up to 4 transmitters possible.) Turn ignition to OFF. Locks will cycle to indicate end of programming mode. Pretty cool, and saves a bunch of money. Hope this helps you too if you need a new remote.

AlohaBra
03-21-2005, 12:18 AM
FYI - I needed a new keyless remote for my 2001 Tribute and was shocked to get quotes of over $50 from various Mazda and Ford dealers. So... I went on E-Bay, found a new one for $18 including shipping, AND it came with instructions for programming. All you have to do is:
Have all your remotes in the car with you before programming. This is necessary since a new code will be now be set and any older remotes will need this new code. You put the key in the ignition, cycle the key from OFF to RUN (not START) 8 times within 10 seconds, ending in the RUN position. All doors will lock then unlock to confirm programming mode. Press any key on the first remote transmitter. Door locks will cycle to confirm programming. Press any button on 2nd transmitter (up to 4 transmitters possible.) Turn ignition to OFF. Locks will cycle to indicate end of programming mode. Pretty cool, and saves a bunch of money. Hope this helps you too if you need a new remote.

Thx....appreciate this kind of post.

Tim Hampson
03-30-2005, 07:26 AM
Thanks for the Post, I am in need of a new remote. Was there a product number you searched for on E-bay. Or did you just search for keyless entry tribute?

Thank Again.

Onblsht
11-05-2005, 07:31 PM
The instructions are identical to the cousin car, the Escape.

punkysquirrell
10-03-2007, 03:43 PM
Ok guys, you are probably gonna think I am stupid, but some guy stole the keys to my 03 Tribute at a gas station in Macon and I had to call a locksmith to make new keys, now i need another keyless remote. I called the Mazda/Ford dealership (they are in same place) and asked them for the part # b/c i was gonna just buy one from ebay, but now i cant get any part #'s to match. Does the remote have to have the same part # that the mazda guy gave me?

bty_coolio
03-04-2008, 10:56 PM
nahh man i used a ford focus remote on my wifes car using the great advise above and it works like a charm. the only thing that wouldn't work on the remote is the trunk unlock button because my wife has the xls model and it doesn't have an electronic hatch button. but the locks and the panic button works great. but the focus was an 07 model as my wifes escape. i don't know if the model had anything to do with it but it works.

pwarell
07-18-2008, 12:27 AM
hi tried the all that it worked for one remote but not the other one but the one remote that it did work on was already coded in and the other wasn't
is that the problem do they both need to be cleared then start again

dynamite15
01-06-2009, 12:00 AM
Hi I own a 2001 Mazda Protege ES and I have lost my keyless remote, does anyone know where I can get one?

dashmore
04-10-2009, 09:24 PM
EBAY has sellers that deal with the remotes, one of them I have dealt with is MYKELYESS. Go to eBAY and type in mykeyless in the search and then you can search their site. I got a replacement for my 01 tribute for 13.90 including shipping. I noticed the next available was slightly higher cost.

jminor21
01-25-2010, 01:50 PM
Does anyone know how to do this for a 2001 Jeep Cherokee?

DHSCAVSFAN
01-25-2010, 09:27 PM
Does anyone know how to do this for a 2001 Jeep Cherokee?

According to "Program Your Remote. com" you cannot do it onboard. It has to be done by the dealer or a certified locksmith.

Onblsht
02-04-2010, 06:00 AM
Remotes with FCC: CWTWB1U212, FCC: CWTWB1U331, and FCC: GQ43VT11T are all interchangeable on the Tribute/Escape SUVs

danielsatur
02-04-2010, 08:17 AM
Ace Hardware can also cut digital Ford keys (Pats) for $40.

Caterer
12-02-2010, 08:35 PM
Woot! Just got a keyless remote on eBay for my 2004 Tribute. I'v only had the vehicle a few weeks and it didn't come with the remote. Never knew how much I missed having a remote until I got a vehicle without one. Thanks sid315!!!
:smokin:

Mark

Add your comment to this topic!