Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

New Pontiac owner 1996 GA SE

davidmcc
11-29-2003, 10:07 PM
Just purchased a 96 Grand Am SE. It has power locks and windows. It was a repo car I bought from the bank, so it had an aftermarket 'repo' key. I was wondering how you could tell if it has the remote door locks? If so, what kind of remote would I use? I see them on ebay, but none for the 96 Grand Am, but for the 97. It also has the Cassette player, and the steering wheel controls. If I get a Pontiac CD player and install it, will my steering wheel controls still work?
Thanks!!!

urweak
12-18-2003, 07:45 PM
I would get an aftermarket headunit instead. they are more powerful and the sound quality will be better.

98GrandAm
12-19-2003, 06:47 PM
If you geyt a factory cd player your controls will still work. Their is some kind of kit that you can use if you get an aftermarket one that will allow you to still use the controls too, im not sure where to find it though. Im pretty sure that a remote from a 96-98 will work in there if it does have keyless. I will look around to see how to tell if it has keyless, i know some code on the plastic thing right above the spare tire says but im not sure what the code is. I will look

Add your comment to this topic!