Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

door locks and unlock

cutlassboy_2001
11-29-2003, 03:26 PM
can someone help me! I am installing a alarm in my 93 grand am gt and I need to know what wires to connect the unlock and lock wires to. Where is the best place to attach the wires to and what color are they?
thank you for your time

ponchonutty
11-29-2003, 07:54 PM
can someone help me! I am installing a alarm in my 93 grand am gt and I need to know what wires to connect the unlock and lock wires to. Where is the best place to attach the wires to and what color are they?
thank you for your time

Power Lock lt. blue + drivers kick
Power Unlock black + drivers kick

On some of the older GM cars you can hear relays clicking down in under the dash, you can pick the wires up there too.

cutlassboy_2001
11-30-2003, 02:43 PM
Power Lock lt. blue + drivers kick
Power Unlock black + drivers kick

On some of the older GM cars you can hear relays clicking down in under the dash, you can pick the wires up there too.

what do you mean when you say "drivers kick" Do you mean the kick panel?

ponchonutty
11-30-2003, 03:39 PM
what do you mean when you say "drivers kick" Do you mean the kick panel?

Yep! :iceslolan

Slade901
11-05-2005, 10:45 PM
1994 PONTIAC GRAND AM L4 138 3 2.3L MFI SOHC QUAD - Power Door Lock Does Not Work.

Problem: The power door lock switches on the driver side and passenger side does not lock or unlock. The door locks automatically when the vehicle is running and the transmission is put in Drive. However, the door locks does not automatically unlock either when the transmission is put in park and engine turned off.
Solution: I checked the fuses for the DR UNLK 10 amps fuse and DR LK 20amps fuse. The two fuses DR UNLK and DR LK are both fine. I did not remove all fuses because some of them are pretty straight forward and not related to the power door locks. I did want to necessarily unplug all the fuses as they may have preset memory that I have to reprogram again. I went online to check for other possible solution and hints from other individuals who have the same problem like I have.

It turns out to be a blown fuse that controls the cigarette lighter is also used by the power door locks.

http://members.fortunecity.com/slade901/automobile/1994GrandAMDoorLockProblem.pdf

Add your comment to this topic!