Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

any one know any thing about motor swaps?

hoezay04
11-29-2003, 02:13 AM
Hey whats go'n on i'm new to the site. But i need help with something. My friend is selling a crx. he just put a gsr motor (b18c) in it. He said that the ecu or wiring harness needs to be replaced or something? or something like that cuz is sending to much gas to the motor. He said that its putting gas into the headers. i want to buy this car but if its going to coast to much or be to much truoble then i don't want to mess with it. can some one tell me what i can do so that if i do buy this car that i don't have to waite for it to be in the shop to long. the reason he's not going to finish it is cuz hes working on another crx. so if some one could just help me out thanks jose barrera

NOBU-SAN
11-29-2003, 07:58 AM
No, I personally wouldn't buy it. I wouldn't buy anything that has already been the object of someon'es performance lust. Swap or not. If you own a car already, build off of that. If not, I'd advise you check into somethingthat's not already known to have problems. If you don't personally have technical knowledge of Hondas, I'd say pass.

Ricochet
12-01-2003, 11:20 AM
If the ecu needs replaced that's easy, just buy a new one at a junkyard. They cost about $50-$100 and bolt/plug right in under a piece of plastic near the passenger's feet. Or better yet tell him you'll buy the car if he buys/installs a new ecu, and shows you that everything works.

Add your comment to this topic!