Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

I wanna modifie my R33

SKYLINE_RB26
11-28-2003, 06:29 AM
Hi guyz ,
I have a skyline R33 2500 automatic and i really want to modifie my skyline into a DEVIL ! What i mean is i want it to be manual more than 400 ph .... I want to know if i can modifie my engine or if i have to buy other engine (GTR or 400R) And how can i get one !!!!
I want it rreally bad and SOON !

And how much $$$$ ? or pounds pls !

RazorGTR
11-28-2003, 12:54 PM
It doesn't matter if it is N/A or turbo you can modifiy it to acheive your goals. It will boil down to how deep your pockets are for each engine. Obviously the turbo version is much easier and cheaper to do in the long run. You can easily see 650hp with that motor.

Skiier
11-30-2003, 08:09 AM
Arguably your cheapest value for money upgrade is sell it and buy a GTR!

klohiq
12-09-2003, 04:08 PM
I'd sell your R33 and see if you can afford an R32 GTR or R33 2.5GTS...the R32 GTS uses a RB20 which will make it much harder to achieve high hp than the RB25 found on the 2.5GTS...

Anyhow...good luck...I wish I could afford a skyline...Maybe I'll test drive one if I ever go to japan...

RazorGTR
12-10-2003, 12:33 PM
I am not sure now which model you have here. If you have the NA version or RB25DE you are looking at a very big bill to achieve what you want. It will be bad enough if you've got the RB25DET engine but nearly double the overall cost to convert an N/A motor to turbo properly and reliabily.

Remember the head, cams, pistons, conrods, inlet and exhaust manifolds, block cradle, fuel system, ecu, and looms are completely different. Not to mention there is oil squirters to cool the pistons down on the N/A version. You're better off purchasing a second hand RB25DET motor complete and starting from there.

arabianterror
12-25-2003, 11:10 AM
ok guys...here goes...
i am a new member to this site however not to the import car scene... i live in ...be prepared for this..St.lucia..a tiny exotic island in the western hemisphere loated less than 3hrs from the bahamas via any caribbean island hopper. 99% fo the cars here are japanese imports and as you may already imagine the skyline gtr reigns supreme in the form of an R33'96..but here goes...as you all would know this car is indeed expensive and rumour has it that the owner of the lone 11sec. 1/4 mile beast deceived the masses in fact...it is rumoured that godzilla is a godzukee sent to the gymn and pumped on steroids...not to mention the plastic surgery. To those of you i have lost it is an R33gts25t 96 model wearing gtr skirts, badges etc...the owner usually secretive about "what's under the hood" made his mistake. absent was the tell tale twin turbos beefy2.6 and the other emblems present on the holy grail of jpn's street racing..it was a gts-25-t yeah running nos with the single turbo...dont get me wrong the car is a legend back home...but its no gtr...which brings me here i am lookinng for a gts25t r33 97 shell...no engine..(i have plans on creating the devil himself)where can i search and how much do you guys think i would have to put out in us currency.
thanx hope to hear from you people out there!

Add your comment to this topic!