Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Altima = american Skyline

spendyjunker
11-27-2003, 09:39 PM
Hey do you guy think a tuned up Altima can beat a tuned up Subaru WRX?. I think it might have a chance. Because I've heard that with the right amount of money you can tune it for 400 bhp's. I'VE HEARD!!!!!
So I'm thinking the Altima might be the american Skyline?! Legal for street, race, and show. Because if you think about america is just going to strip the power right out of the skyline. So really the skyline probly be the same!?
Think about it and post back.

BP2K2Max
11-28-2003, 10:50 AM
no, the G35 is the american skyline. the AWD G35 just came out this month and with the greddy TT kit it makes 440 Wheel hp. not to mention the VQ block is lighter than the RB so the weight is distributed better, giving the car more stable handling. a FWD car with 400 hp is just asking for trouble, unless it's strictly a track car.

what i was wondering is if the AWD tranny from the murano/fx could possibly be swapped into an 04 maxima. that'd be awesome. that and the CVT tranny would be nice, even though i don't really like automatics.

spendyjunker
11-28-2003, 07:32 PM
Well I think your right. But the skyline doesn't float my boat anyway. HELL!!! I live in alaska so it at my fault I don't know much about the skyline(only one full skyline here)/means others are just motors/.

In anycase I'd rather have a Subaru RS with a swap WRX motor and a full rollcage. I'll stick to snow rally racing.

Alaska is filled with ONLY CIVICS,FWD is it. BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

techmodealtima95
02-02-2004, 12:06 AM
The g35 is the fake skyline. its so fake its embarrassing to call the two related. No AWD, No Turbo. As for the altima, guess what? In japan the altima is called the bluebird.
Bluebird: U13 chasis, sr20det engine(thats turbo), 4WD, oh and aftermarket parts are a breeze to find because of the sr20det is so widely used.
so guess what they call the skyline?
"Big Brother"
and guess what they call the blue bird?
"little brother"
so believe or not the skyline and altima do share some connection and relation in their own distant ways. oh and nissan means big brother.
and in america its not the car but the driver that makes the difference. Look back a couple issues of sport compact mag... and u will find a nissan altima 95 with a turbo kit on his KA24DE squeezin NOS pushin low 10's and high 9's....
yeah... hit the ebrake learn the FW drift.... not the car... the driver.

paparay
02-02-2004, 09:32 AM
There is no replacement for displacement.

BP2K2Max
02-06-2004, 11:30 AM
There is no replacement for displacement.
yeah there is, they're called turbo's.

buick grand national X. 285 hp and 345 lbs of TQ out of a 3.8 L6 Turbo.
2.6 I6 skyline runs a 13.7 1/4, faster than a 320 Hp trans am or SS camaro w/ a 5.7 V8. the 1.3L mazda Rx-7, don't even get me started, 850+hp capable and a 10,500 rpm redline and they can handle damn good. big displacement engines burn more gas and they disturb a cars ability to handle well due to excessive weight in the front of the car.

VQuick
02-06-2004, 01:52 PM
The g35 is the fake skyline. its so fake its embarrassing to call the two related. No AWD, No Turbo.

Ever hear of the Skyline GTS? It's a rwd, 2L, normally aspirated model. There are several lower level models like that. Some R31 Skylines in the past even came with 4-bangers. Just because it has the Skyline name doesn't mean it has awd and a turbo. Not every Skyline is the GT-R.

The Infiniti G35/ V35 Skyline is probably one of the best-ever regular Skylines.

mayday2004
02-26-2004, 08:06 PM
are you a dumbass G35 does not have 400HP idiots its 265 fucking stock maybe 400HP tunned

Twyzz
02-27-2004, 11:29 AM
some of the older skyline gtr's were non-turbo 4 bangers

BP2K2Max
02-27-2004, 02:10 PM
are you a dumbass G35 does not have 400HP idiots its 265 fucking stock maybe 400HP tunned

well, you are a retard. no one said they did. the kid just mentioned that he had heard that an altima could be tuned to 400 hp, i, however, said that with the greddy Twin Turbo Kit, the G35 is able to produce 440 wheel horsepower, you're the stupid asshole who flew off the handle and made an unqualified statement before fully understanding the thread. for the record, it's tuned not tunned and it's 260 hp not 265; 280 for the 6 spd sport coupe.

SR20DETpower
03-03-2004, 06:50 AM
yeah there is, they're called turbo's.

buick grand national X. 285 hp and 345 lbs of TQ out of a 3.8 L6 Turbo.
2.6 I6 skyline runs a 13.7 1/4, faster than a 320 Hp trans am or SS camaro w/ a 5.7 V8. the 1.3L mazda Rx-7, don't even get me started, 850+hp capable and a 10,500 rpm redline and they can handle damn good. big displacement engines burn more gas and they disturb a cars ability to handle well due to excessive weight in the front of the car.

NO SIR, you are a retard!

a 320hp(ls1) Trans Am or SS runs the 1/4 in 13.1

and there is no replacement for displacement. You can't say a turbo, cause what if the v8 had a turbo? So a Sr20det with a turbo versus a 5.7L LT-1 chevy motor with a turbo, which one is going to win? There are many other factors besides that but just based on that information my money is on the Chevy.

I hate how people always say turbo is the replacement for displacement, its like they forgot people put turbo's and superchargers on v8's LOL.

BP2K2Max
03-03-2004, 12:15 PM
NO SIR, you are a retard!

a 320hp(ls1) Trans Am or SS runs the 1/4 in 13.1

and there is no replacement for displacement. You can't say a turbo, cause what if the v8 had a turbo? So a Sr20det with a turbo versus a 5.7L LT-1 chevy motor with a turbo, which one is going to win? There are many other factors besides that but just based on that information my money is on the Chevy.

I hate how people always say turbo is the replacement for displacement, its like they forgot people put turbo's and superchargers on v8's LOL.
1)my ass an ls1 trans am runs a 13.1 stock. this guy here http://www.geocities.com/firebird1824/dale.html runs a 13.3 in his modded trans am, this here has it listed at 13.5 (http://www.mpt.org/motorweek/reviews/rt2148a.shtml). not to mention driver ability comes into play. it's not impossible to run a 13.1 i suppose, but it's far from a common 1/4 mile time for that car.

2)i called him a retard cuz he snapped without having proper knowledge of what had been said in the thread. i was in a hurry when i posted the thing on turbo's and i never fully elaborated on it.

3) regardless my point was that there are replacements for displacement.
a 6 cylinder turbo can make comparable power to a v8. which is true. yeah you can put a turbo on a v8 but which would net higher increases, increasing the bore and stroke of an N/A v8 or putting forced induction? i say FI, which would show that instead of increasing the displacement of the engine, putting a turbo would be more efficient, therefore replacing displacement. I'm sick of people thinking gas guzzling v8's are the only way to have fast cars. if you wanna get the most power though, i will give it to you that displacement is the best way to accomplish that, but look at the lotus elise that was imported by sun motors. it's a 1.8 L type-R integra engine and it runs a 1/4 mile time comparable to a cobra R. it's because the car only weighs 1600 lbs but it's still just a 1.8; when comparing 2 different cars, more power doesn't necissarily mean more speed.

how come a supercharged 3.8 v6 pontiac grand prix GTP makes 25 less HP than a 3.5 L N/A maxima and only 15 more lbs of TQ? not to mention it runs as much as a full second slower than any VQ35 equipped nissan car. it has the displacement and FI advantages but it still comes up short. there are definitely replacements for displacement.

sleeperalty
03-04-2004, 09:23 PM
Hey do you guy think a tuned up Altima can beat a tuned up Subaru WRX?. I think it might have a chance. Because I've heard that with the right amount of money you can tune it for 400 bhp's. I'VE HEARD!!!!!
So I'm thinking the Altima might be the american Skyline?! Legal for street, race, and show. Because if you think about america is just going to strip the power right out of the skyline. So really the skyline probly be the same!?
Think about it and post back.

what gen altima are you talking about?
The KA24DE powered altima can reach over 350hp, but the problem will be having a tranny and axles that can handle that kinda power, and a ECU and standalone that can control all this upgraded power

and the G35 is the american version of the current R35 in Japan. we just carry it as an infiniti label. the GT-R however is still not made yet, so I hope it will stand out from the crowd like its forefathers.

altimaracer
07-08-2004, 08:17 PM
1)my ass an ls1 trans am runs a 13.1 stock. this guy here http://www.geocities.com/firebird1824/dale.html runs a 13.3 in his modded trans am, this here has it listed at 13.5 (http://www.mpt.org/motorweek/reviews/rt2148a.shtml). not to mention driver ability comes into play. it's not impossible to run a 13.1 i suppose, but it's far from a common 1/4 mile time for that car.

2)i called him a retard cuz he snapped without having proper knowledge of what had been said in the thread. i was in a hurry when i posted the thing on turbo's and i never fully elaborated on it.

a 6 cylinder turbo can make comparable power to a v8. which is true. yeah you can put a turbo on a v8 but which would net higher increases, increasing the bore and stroke of an N/A v8 or putting forced induction? i say FI, which would show that instead of increasing the displacement of the engine, putting a turbo would be more efficient, therefore replacing displacement. I'm sick of people thinking gas guzzling v8's are the only way to have fast cars. if you wanna get the most power though, i will give it to you that displacement is the best way to accomplish that, but look at the lotus elise that was imported by sun motors. it's a 1.8 L type-R integra engine and it runs a 1/4 mile time comparable to a cobra R. it's because the car only weighs 1600 lbs but it's still just a 1.8; when comparing 2 different cars, more power doesn't necissarily mean more speed.

how come a supercharged 3.8 v6 pontiac grand prix GTP makes 25 less HP than a 3.5 L N/A maxima and only 15 more lbs of TQ? not to mention it runs as much as a full second slower than any VQ35 equipped nissan car. it has the displacement and FI advantages but it still comes up short. there are definitely replacements for displacement.

Good point, heres to displacement :thefinger

DaveSev
07-08-2004, 10:23 PM

You are stupid.

1) The fastest time ever recorded for a stock LS1 f-body is 12.89, done in I believe a 2000 Z28. Certainly a good driver could run 13.1 consistently. LS1 f-bodies are definitely low 13 second cars stock.

2) THERE IS NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT, period. Given the same internal composites and whatnot, a bigger engine will ALWAYS be faster than a smaller engine. Period. There is no way around it. It's just the cold hard truth. Yeah you can have a twin turbo 2.6 I6 and make 1300 hp, guess what. I've seen a 2300 hp twin turbo LS1.

joeB
07-09-2004, 12:19 AM
You are stupid.

1) The fastest time ever recorded for a stock LS1 f-body is 12.89, done in I believe a 2000 Z28. Certainly a good driver could run 13.1 consistently. LS1 f-bodies are definitely low 13 second cars stock.

2) THERE IS NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT, period. Given the same internal composites and whatnot, a bigger engine will ALWAYS be faster than a smaller engine. Period. There is no way around it. It's just the cold hard truth. Yeah you can have a twin turbo 2.6 I6 and make 1300 hp, guess what. I've seen a 2300 hp twin turbo LS1.

Z-28's stock dont run 13.1. Maybe a SS or so but not a Z-28.

A larger engine will not always be faster than a small engine.
Nissans V-6 can beat most V-8's. How about a Cadillac STS
with the V-8 making 300 hp, and cannot beat a newer Maxima
or Altima V-6. :grinno:

DaveSev
07-09-2004, 01:03 AM
Z-28's stock dont run 13.1. Maybe a SS or so but not a Z-28.

A larger engine will not always be faster than a small engine.
Nissans V-6 can beat most V-8's. How about a Cadillac STS
with the V-8 making 300 hp, and cannot beat a newer Maxima
or Altima V-6. :grinno:

....Z28s and SSs make the exact same amount of power. The SS is just rated higher. A marketing ploy. C5 Corvettes also make the same power as the LS1s in f-bodies.

http://www.gmhightechperformance.com/features/0211gmhtp_realworld/

"There is no denying that Evan Smith, our resident hot shoe, has an uncanny ability for running the quarter mile, as evidenced by his 12.89 run in a stock 1999 Z28 (GMHTP 7/99). Often overlooked is the fact that several of our other staff members have netted similar results. Most recently, Rick Jensen ran an automatic-equipped, Collector's Edition Trans Am to a 13.13 at 104 mph for the September 2002 issue of High Performance Pontiac."

As for your second point, no shit. Read my other message again, a little more carefully this time.

I repeat: There is NO replacement for displacement.

BP2K2Max
07-09-2004, 01:55 PM
You are stupid.

why, cuz i have a difference of opinion?
As for your second point, no shit. Read my other message again, a little more carefully this time.

look who's talking. re-read my post (http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=1602421&postcount=12), a little more carefully...stupid

and
look at this article:
http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/features/0106scc_lotus/
it's a lotus elise body with a type-r acura integra engine. it only makes 190 hp and a meager 130 ft/lbs of tq yet when you look at the performance specs it runs a 5.1 0-60 and a 13.2 1/4 mile. there's another article in which they achieved a 12.6 second 1/4 mile. if you were to add any of even the smallest typical b18 engine modifications(intake, headers, exhaust, ecu) that thing would be a mid-high 11 second car or better.

now look at this article:
http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/features/0205scc_coblot/

it's the very same small engined, low tq type-r powered elise, and it is absolutely shitting all over a 385 hp 5.4L supercharged Mustang Cobra R in every possible aspect, from lateral acceleration, to slalom speed, to braking. it finished the lap 3 whole seconds faster than the cobra. this car is total proof that engine displacement does not necessarily reflect a cars ability to be fast. that cobra has 3 times(3X) the displacement of the 1.8 elise and it still got whooped. not only does the cobra have the advantage of displacement it's fucking got forced induction too and yes, it still got whooped by a little N/A 1.8L 4 banger.

more displacement may always lead to more power but it doesn't necessarily mean it's going to produce the fastest vehicle.

DaveSev
07-09-2004, 03:27 PM
You are really a dumbass.

READ MY POST AGAIN. I said that a larger engine will always make more power than a smaller engine. That is FACT. Of course an Elise is going to out accelerate some pig of a car. But it's not because of the engine, it's because the car weighs less than a ton.

more displacement may always lead to more power but it doesn't necessarily mean it's going to produce the fastest vehicle.

Did I say it would make a faster car? NO.

BP2K2Max
07-09-2004, 03:29 PM
Did I say it would make a faster car? NO.

as a matter of fact...
...a bigger engine will ALWAYS be faster than a smaller engine. Period. There is no way around it. It's just the cold hard truth.
so, go take a jump, asshole

But it's not because of the engine, it's because the car weighs less than a ton.

yeah, my point exactly. weight reduction is a replacement for displacement in this instance. forced induction could be another and so could nitrous oxide. by my count that's 3 methods of increasing a car's performance that has nothing do with the displacement of the engine.

joeB
07-09-2004, 04:30 PM
....Z28s and SSs make the exact same amount of power. The SS is just rated higher. A marketing ploy. C5 Corvettes also make the same power as the LS1s in f-bodies.

http://www.gmhightechperformance.com/features/0211gmhtp_realworld/

"There is no denying that Evan Smith, our resident hot shoe, has an uncanny ability for running the quarter mile, as evidenced by his 12.89 run in a stock 1999 Z28 (GMHTP 7/99). Often overlooked is the fact that several of our other staff members have netted similar results. Most recently, Rick Jensen ran an automatic-equipped, Collector's Edition Trans Am to a 13.13 at 104 mph for the September 2002 issue of High Performance Pontiac."

I dont believe that a Z-28 stock can run 12.89 stock.

You said a larger engine will always be faster than a smaller
engine so duh.. :nono:

DaveSev
07-09-2004, 06:28 PM
as a matter of fact...

so, go take a jump, asshole

yeah, my point exactly. weight reduction is a replacement for displacement in this instance. forced induction could be another and so could nitrous oxide. by my count that's 3 methods of increasing a car's performance that has nothing do with the displacement of the engine.

I admit I shouldn't have used the word "faster", but I didn't mention cars at ALL. I said one engine would be faster than the other. Substitute faster with better if you will. The point still stands.

Listen to me now. Hell, just disregard everything else I've said in this thread if it makes you happy. ALLS I'M SAYING IS THAT A LARGER ENGINE WILL ALWAYS BE BETTER THAN A SMALLER ENGINE. If you have two engines, with the exact same everything except that they are slightly different in size, THE LARGER ONE WILL ALWAYS BE ABLE TO MAKE MORE POWER. I can't say it any simpler than that.

I dont believe that a Z-28 stock can run 12.89 stock.

....Even though I just provided a link that states otherwise? Are you dense?

BP2K2Max
07-09-2004, 08:06 PM
I admit I shouldn't have used the word "faster", but I didn't mention cars at ALL. I said one engine would be faster than the other. Substitute faster with better if you will. The point still stands.

Listen to me now. Hell, just disregard everything else I've said in this thread if it makes you happy. ALLS I'M SAYING IS THAT A LARGER ENGINE WILL ALWAYS BE BETTER THAN A SMALLER ENGINE. If you have two engines, with the exact same everything except that they are slightly different in size, THE LARGER ONE WILL ALWAYS BE ABLE TO MAKE MORE POWER. I can't say it any simpler than that.

that's great... way to argue a point that i already agreed with four fucking months ago

if you wanna get the most power though, i will give it to you that displacement is the best way to accomplish that...[but] when comparing 2 different cars, more power doesn't necissarily mean more speed. why don't you make sure you read all the posts and understand them thoroughly before calling someone stupid and instigating an argument that doesn't need to be had.

joeB
07-09-2004, 10:02 PM
....Even though I just provided a link that states otherwise? Are you dense?

Nope, I had a 98 Z-28 6 speed a few years ago, didnt seem to
be fast enough to get 12.8 in the 1/4 mile. More like 13.8 1/4. :lol2:

Deddjay
07-15-2004, 12:22 PM
You are stupid.

Please do step "outside the box" for a moment. The point is this : You have a big ol 5.0 engine (just an example. I dont know what kind of engine you actually have ^_^). I have a lil 2.4 engine. I want to have enough power to match up with your nice ol big engine. What do I do? Add turbo. How much boost and what kind of turbo is up to whoever is doing it but the point is that with a turbo I can get ENOUGH POWER TO MATCH UP TO A LARGER ENGINE. At that point I have in fact "replaced displacement". Or in lamens terms......I have increased my cars power WITHOUT needing to get a bigger engine. Correct or incorrect?

DaveSev
07-15-2004, 06:42 PM
Please do step "outside the box" for a moment. The point is this : You have a big ol 5.0 engine (just an example. I dont know what kind of engine you actually have ^_^). I have a lil 2.4 engine. I want to have enough power to match up with your nice ol big engine. What do I do? Add turbo. How much boost and what kind of turbo is up to whoever is doing it but the point is that with a turbo I can get ENOUGH POWER TO MATCH UP TO A LARGER ENGINE. At that point I have in fact "replaced displacement". Or in lamens terms......I have increased my cars power WITHOUT needing to get a bigger engine. Correct or incorrect?

Correct. But I still don't think you understand what I'm saying.

Take an RB20DET and an RB25DET. Which one will always be able to make more power than the other? The RB25. A bigger engine will always be able to make more power than a smaller engine. That doesn't mean smaller engines can't be tuned to compete with larger engines, but mod for mod, a larger engine will always make more power.

Deddjay
07-16-2004, 12:10 AM
Correct. But I still don't think you understand what I'm saying.

Take an RB20DET and an RB25DET. Which one will always be able to make more power than the other? The RB25. A bigger engine will always be able to make more power than a smaller engine. That doesn't mean smaller engines can't be tuned to compete with larger engines, but mod for mod, a larger engine will always make more power.

I agree. That's true. However, if a smaller engine can be tuned to produce as much power as a larger engine then the larger engine -isnt- making more power. Of course if you go mod for mod the bigger engine will make more. I think that's common sense. My whole point is that...lacking a large engine ....I can still have the power of a large engine through mods. Thus current tech has given us a "replacement for displacement".

DaveSev
07-16-2004, 12:32 AM
Okay, yeah. But I still don't think you understand what I'm saying.

BP2K2Max
07-16-2004, 12:39 PM
Okay, yeah. But I still don't think you understand what I'm saying.

true, but it won't always result in a faster car, that is determine by the application in which it is used.

Area51turning
07-23-2004, 02:39 AM
The G35 is the Skyline In Japan. Ask any japanese guys, they will tell you and show you a poster of G35.. BUT WITH S K Y L I N E on the trunk. or go to japanese Nissan website. Also It is not R35.. it is V35. There is no R35!! while i am at it. the car coming out 2007 IS NOT.. REPEAT.. IS NOT A SKYLINE. It's a new model Name GTR. which is powered by VQ33DDTT not DETT. One elect motor to boost the car while you lift the gas pad. I believe Cosworth and Nissan is working together along with few others.

Also.. you can play with displacement, but not too much. There is a SR20DET motor been tuned into SR22DET.. 0.2L bigger. If you have money. anything is possable.

Skyline S6 block style RB.. 2.6L DETT can makes more power then 1300hp. infact alot more. I do not believe an LS1 TT can make 2300. not TL or ZL 1 either.

Displacement doesn't mean anything this days. look at S2000 and V-Spec II. they can rev into 9000 RPM. look at RB26 motor. without change a thing, the motor and tranny can withstand 550 whp .. all you need is to add S-AFC.

BP2K2Max
07-25-2004, 10:58 AM
The G35 is the Skyline In Japan. Ask any japanese guys, they will tell you and show you a poster of G35.. BUT WITH S K Y L I N E on the trunk. or go to japanese Nissan website. Also It is not R35.. it is V35. There is no R35!! while i am at it. the car coming out 2007 IS NOT.. REPEAT.. IS NOT A SKYLINE. It's a new model Name GTR. which is powered by VQ33DDTT not DETT. One elect motor to boost the car while you lift the gas pad. I believe Cosworth and Nissan is working together along with few others.
you're right it's not the r35. nissan names their skylines according to the engine. R32's,R33's and R34's are all powered by the RB series motor, hence names. the new ones are powered by VQ's hence the V35. the new car coming out in 2k7 is the GTR version of the V35 skyline, it's using the same chassis, they might just call it the GTR, but it's a skyline. and it should carry the engine code vq33dett(possibly vq35dett, it's not definite yet). nissan has a system for naming their engines VQ=the engine block, 33(or 35) is the displacement of the engine, D stands for dual overhead cams, E stands for electronic fuel injection, and i'm sure we all know what the TT is for.

VQuick
07-25-2004, 11:03 AM
you're right it's not the r35. nissan names their skylines according to the engine. R32's,R33's and R34's are all powered by the RB series motor, hence names. the new ones are powered by VQ's hence the V35.

That's probably not the case. The R-series Skylines started well before the RB-series engines were introduced. The R30 Skyline never even had an RB, and the R31 got an RB20 midway through the design cycle.

Area51turning
07-26-2004, 05:54 PM
That's probably not the case. The R-series Skylines started well before the RB-series engines were introduced. The R30 Skyline never even had an RB, and the R31 got an RB20 midway through the design cycle.

Right. there is no R35. and it's not VQ33DETT.. it's DDTT

2 motors in the car. one for vq33 engine. one elec for the TT. and it is not a skyline. people think it's a skyline. it is like saying 240SX = Spec R. it's not.

also.. there is no R series.. there is only V Spec and V Spec II from Seden Skyline ( GT-R Class)

example: Sentra GXE for a whle.. then SE came out.. now you got Sentra SE-R and the Spec V

Area51turning
07-26-2004, 06:06 PM
I do not think they will put a VQ35. Because that is the 350Z engine. which is getting a little crazy in Japan since everyone TT that motor. On top of that. Why would anyone wants to buy GT-R if you can get a Z for a hell lot cheaper? + Z is RWD and GT-R is advance all wheel drive. Z RWD cars are always faster. Unless your talking about rally racing. BUT unlike most of RWD car... Z tend to understeer rather then oversteer for some reason

VQuick
07-27-2004, 09:41 AM
Right. there is no R35. and it's not VQ33DETT.. it's DDTT

So you're saying that the motor will have direct injection too? That's what replacing the 'E' for electronic fuel injection with a 'D' for direct injection means.

There's also no telling what the displacement of the GT-R's VQ will be. Nissan is using a VQ30 in their JGTC cars, but sizes of 3.2 and 3.3L have been rumored as well.

2 motors in the car. one for vq33 engine. one elec for the TT. and it is not a skyline. people think it's a skyline. it is like saying 240SX = Spec R. it's not.

There could be as many as 3 motors, if the rumors about Nissan's use of the E-4wd system are correct.

also.. there is no R series.. there is only V Spec and V Spec II from Seden Skyline ( GT-R Class)

The R-series was the chassis designation. The V-Spec trim levels were for GT-Rs, and were not used on sedans.

I do not think they will put a VQ35. Because that is the 350Z engine. which is getting a little crazy in Japan since everyone TT that motor. On top of that. Why would anyone wants to buy GT-R if you can get a Z for a hell lot cheaper? + Z is RWD and GT-R is advance all wheel drive. Z RWD cars are always faster. Unless your talking about rally racing. BUT unlike most of RWD car... Z tend to understeer rather then oversteer for some reason

People will buy a GT-R over the Z for the same reason they have in the past. The GT-R is a more powerful, more technologically advanced car. The Z's are not always faster. Otherwise, they would be Nissan's halo car, as opposed to the GT-R.

Even if the GT-R used a VQ35, it would still be different from the 350Z's version. The 350Z's version is built for running under normal aspiration. The GT-R's VQ, whatever the size, will be built for forced induction from the start. There are rumors that legendary engine builder Cosworth will be building a special, stronger version of the VQ just for the GT-R.

Area51turning
07-27-2004, 04:29 PM
"The Skyline continued to astound on the world's racetracks, scooping up trophies wherever it went. By this stage Group A had been replaced with the GT series and the N1 Endurance series, and in the latter the GT-R soon racked up another legendary 50 wins. In Australia the race car earned the nickname Godzilla, so crushing was its superiority. It was inevitable that motorsport''s governing bodies would soon find ways to legislate the formidable GT-R out of contention."

Once again. THERE IS NO R SERIES!! ONLY GT AND N1.. N1 = NISMO RWD SKYLINE. :)

http://www.supercars.net/cars/1995@$Nissan@$Skyline%20R33%20GT-R.html

Yes ofc It will have different specs on the with the Z. which means the only diff between those two cars will be the ECU, tranny, FR or 4WD and Engine internals. Which to a "racer" that can be change aftermarket wise.

Yes, Cosworth is building one with Nissan a different version of VQ engine FOR THE GT-R. It is as known as VQ33DDTT instead of VQ35DE or VQ33DE and the diff between those two motor. HDi for GT-R and not HDi for Z and G35. so yes you are right, but once again. it can be changed aftermarket wise since they did de stroke the engine to hold more boost with better cams, pistons/rods, and tranny FOR the twin tubro.

HDi = high-pressure direct injection

VQuick
07-27-2004, 05:06 PM
"The Skyline continued to astound on the world's racetracks, scooping up trophies wherever it went. By this stage Group A had been replaced with the GT series and the N1 Endurance series, and in the latter the GT-R soon racked up another legendary 50 wins. In Australia the race car earned the nickname Godzilla, so crushing was its superiority. It was inevitable that motorsport''s governing bodies would soon find ways to legislate the formidable GT-R out of contention."

Once again. THERE IS NO R SERIES!! ONLY GT AND N1.. N1 = NISMO RWD SKYLINE. :)

Once again, that has nothing to do with the chassis designation, which has been 'R' for over 20 years. The R30, R31, R32, R33, R34, and possibly an R35. They are the R-series.

Yes ofc It will have different specs on the with the Z. which means the only diff between those two cars will be the ECU, tranny, FR or 4WD and Engine internals. Which to a "racer" that can be change aftermarket wise.

The GT-R will be based on a different version of the FM platform, not the 350Z's short wheelbase variant.
The GT-R will have better aerodynamics as well as lighter components. There will be a carbon fiber hood, driveshaft, rear diffuser and seat frames. The roof, suspension arms, rear tailgate and door panels will be made from aluminum.
The GT-R will also have E-4wd powered by a lithium battery. This system will be the replacement for ATTESA-ETS awd. E-4wd activates when traction is lost in the rear wheels, with a permanent rear torque bias. The timing, torque allowance, etc is tuned to improve cornering and turn-in.
The GT-R's engine block will differ in construction(Cosworth uses a special process), and possibly bore size from the VQ35DE

Yes, Cosworth is building one with Nissan a different version of VQ engine FOR THE GT-R. It is as known as VQ33DDTT instead of VQ35DE or VQ33DE and the diff between those two motor. HDi for GT-R and not HDi for Z and G35. so yes you are right, but once again. it can be changed aftermarket wise since they did de stroke the engine to hold more boost with better cams, pistons/rods, and tranny FOR the twin tubro.
HDi = high-pressure direct injection

The motor will probably be a VQ32DETT built by Cosworth to 470ps+. It will be a less peaky, more driveable version of the VQ30DETT used in the JGTC. Compared to the VQ35DE, the main differences are: 3.2L capacity(possibly destroked from 3.5L), dry sump oiling, twin throttle bodies, Twin motor-assisted turbos(likely fed by the same battery as E4wd), NDIS Direct Ignition and a separate intake manifold for each cylinder bank.

Area51turning
07-27-2004, 06:36 PM
chassis designation for skyline

Early August 21,1989 BNR32-000051 ~BNR32-017466
Middle August 20,1991 BNR32-212001 ~
Late January 1993 BNR32-300001~ BNR32-314649

Sorry dude.. BNR is not R SERIES. People think it's R series because it's GT "R" and "R" 34 or even Skyline GT type "R" .. it's not dude

Area51turning
07-27-2004, 06:45 PM
say whatever you want!! Im done here

Add your comment to this topic!