smell of burnt toast

captainron
11-27-2003, 07:32 PM
2001 Accord EX 45K miles, runs excellent except after engine heats up and car comes to a stop, the smell of burnt toast comes out from under the car. Smell began 4 weeks ago. Dealership has no clue.

BullShifter
11-27-2003, 11:38 PM
Plastic bag stuck to the exhaust?

jajimo
11-30-2003, 06:02 PM
Left your groceries under the hood of the car again?

If it's coming from underneath, I'd check to make sure there is nothing around the edges of the exhaust pipe. If you ran over something and it *somehow* got caught up there, it could be causing the problem. This may or may not include small animals. I had a cat that crawled into the engine of my dad's truck to keep warm and my dad ended up taking the garbage out with the cat in there. He got stuck in a belt and had to be put to sleep. If you're squirmish about finding such things, I'd take it to a friend that knows something about cars and have them check it out. Only other thing I can think of is to check for holes in your exhaust, but if the car isn't making a strange noise than you probably don't have any.

Solomon219
12-01-2003, 06:17 PM
Just a quick thought, but you ought to check your tranny fluid. When you draw the dipstick, smell it. If you burn out a band or clutch in your transmission it can smell like that. (Unfortunately I've done this. Twice. :banghead: ) Anyways, you didn't mention any tranny problems, but I just thought I'd throw in my :2cents:

Add your comment to this topic!