Corksport exhaust

enimox7
11-27-2003, 03:54 PM
I recently purchased a corksport power series exhaust for my rx7. It was between that or an apex n1, but i heard some good stuff about it and price is very reasonable imo.

Just wanted to get some feedback and opinions on what some of you think about it. Personally, I think it's a pretty good exhaust, nice idle, sound, not too loud. Duals would've been nice but i'm happy with the way it looks. Well, anything beats a stock dual with rusted tips barely hanging on by a thread. Also, any good suggestions for a short shifter?I'm torn between mazdaspeed/trix, and b&m.

dayna240sx
11-28-2003, 08:44 AM
I'd get the mazdatrix short shifter, its expensive but it is the best one.

J-Rat
11-28-2003, 02:24 PM
I stayed away from the Corksport exhaust purely because I heard it was overly loud. But I have heard nice things about it.

Jarrett

Soyo
11-28-2003, 05:09 PM
deffinately mazdatrix short shifter, I'm planning on getting one myself in the near future, plus I hear the B&M makes a lot of noise at high speed compared to the mazdatrix one does, anyone know if thats true?

J-Rat
11-30-2003, 02:34 PM
They both do, youve got a 50/50 chance of getting a quiet short shifter.

Jims5543
12-03-2003, 11:25 AM
Read this write up on the short shifter rattle before you buy.

http://www.mazdatrix.com/shiftrat.htm

My car didn't make any noins unless I was flooring it. Then I swapped in a rebuilt tranny and it makes noise all the time. On the interstate it gets annoying. BUT I would not go back to the reg. shifter I like the feel of the short shifter too much.

Add your comment to this topic!