Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Starter fuse blowing..

Zfury21
11-26-2003, 08:13 AM
The other night, got in my car..no sound made when I turned the key. Engine did not work.

Got under the hood, starter fuse was blown. Replaced it with the hazard flashers fuse..started fine.

This morning, I get in and its popped again, so I replaced the fuse..turn the car on..pops again. Can't get it to start.

Any ideas why this would be happening?

coorslite40
11-26-2003, 02:00 PM
starter is bad.

nezzer
11-28-2003, 04:46 AM
what indications do you see that point to the starter? sounds more like a short somewhere. Did you fix this problem Zfury1?

javier paniagua
03-19-2004, 09:24 PM
The other night, got in my car..no sound made when I turned the key. Engine did not work.

Got under the hood, starter fuse was blown. Replaced it with the hazard flashers fuse..started fine.

This morning, I get in and its popped again, so I replaced the fuse..turn the car on..pops again. Can't get it to start.

Any ideas why this would be happening?you got to replace the starter because is making ground That's why is blowing the 20A fuse

MrRoscoePC
03-24-2004, 07:58 PM
Remove the wiring at the starter, replace the fuse, turn the key. If the fuse blows again with the starter unhooked then the short is somewhere other than the starter. Chances are that there is a short in the armature windings, requiring the starters replacement.

RG

ajwebb23
01-02-2005, 09:59 AM
My car was doing the exact same thing, Had to replace the relay to keep the starter fuse from blowing and the car started a couple of times and it wouldnt start after that, and i replaced the battery and it starts fine now.

theFREAKnasty82
01-02-2005, 01:47 PM
Are you all sure it's the starter? It might just be the fusible link that goes to the starter.

Add your comment to this topic!