Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

00+ junk?

reliant2
11-25-2003, 07:59 PM
Just had almost 1400.00 in work done on my 00 custom....luckily was covered by gm warranty...are these cars any good??? Have had new alternator put in, had the hinge on the left rear door repaired (some cheap plastic part cracked) and had work done on tie rod, and engine cradle struts? The paperwork is out in the car, I'll fill in what exactly they did if anyone cares, but the car has only 41K on it. And they replaced some sort of steering gear assembly piece.

All the front end work was done to eliminate a noise that would sometimes appear when making a left turn. Dealership told me that they had to lower the engine cradle to replace some of the parts. Jeeesus....I avoided an 00 or 01 Chevy Impala as I saw complaints about engine cradle problems on an edmunds website, are these lesabres prone to them too? Maybe I made a mistake buying an 00, the first year of the new body style..but I figured that since the engine and tranny have been around a while, things would be ok.

Do you guys with the older body style run into these type of issues? Parts failing at 40K miles??

Flatrater
11-25-2003, 08:15 PM
You really haven't had any major problems so far! The Lesabre has been a reliable car so far.

tdenkler
11-25-2003, 08:27 PM
got a 96 155,000. Not a flaw one. Everything works. Only prob ever had was oilsending unit flaky sometimes. Works. Until it quits aint gonna replace it.
Reason I got mine was my son had 250,000 on an 88 and absolutely abused the car in every way possible. Figured if it stood up to him, ought to last me forever LOL

Lesabrelover
11-26-2003, 03:43 PM
Just had almost 1400.00 in work done on my 00 custom....luckily was covered by gm warranty...are these cars any good??? Have had new alternator put in, had the hinge on the left rear door repaired (some cheap plastic part cracked) and had work done on tie rod, and engine cradle struts? The paperwork is out in the car, I'll fill in what exactly they did if anyone cares, but the car has only 41K on it. And they replaced some sort of steering gear assembly piece.

All the front end work was done to eliminate a noise that would sometimes appear when making a left turn. Dealership told me that they had to lower the engine cradle to replace some of the parts. Jeeesus....I avoided an 00 or 01 Chevy Impala as I saw complaints about engine cradle problems on an edmunds website, are these lesabres prone to them too? Maybe I made a mistake buying an 00, the first year of the new body style..but I figured that since the engine and tranny have been around a while, things would be ok.

Do you guys with the older body style run into these type of issues? Parts failing at 40K miles??
I've got a 02 Lesabre Custom with 62,000 and have had ZERO problems. Just routine oil changes and service and one set of tires. I would buy another one in an instant

Add your comment to this topic!