Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

FI for the 2.0 8v

cholos2
11-25-2003, 02:59 PM
My wife has a 99 white Cabrio. Im lookin for mods besides the Neuspeed supercharger. Is there s small turbo available for the 2.0? NOt really considering a swap to a 1.8t or a VR6 just yet.

Also any reviews of basic bolt-ons...Intakes, exhausts...what give the best hp and torque for boltons?

Anyother cab owners interested, I am pimping out another forum

http://www.techography.com/cabriolet/forums/index.php

Lotsa nice people on there and we want it to grow.

Thanks for hearin out a V-dub newbie.

1 PRODIGY
12-10-2003, 05:35 AM
there are buttt. its not really worth it cuz in the end. you would of been better off with the 1.8t swap anyways. think bout it 2 valves per cyl or 5 valves. i have a 97 2.0 jetta. which is my daily driver. and i just bought a 96 2dr golf. i plan on dropping a 1.8t on to that... ( drag car )

1 PRODIGY
12-10-2003, 05:38 AM
you need to be more specific at what you want to do ? money ? and the purpose. if your just looking for a few more ponies. ya go with the boltons. but you said turbo sooooo.... thats atleast 2,500. alone. not counting the problems ur wife is going to have when it come time to smog it. etc

1 PRODIGY
12-10-2003, 05:45 AM
as for bolt ons. go with a K&N filter cut up the stock box, Giac chip, Autotech exhaust. thats a descent 10 to 16 hp. every car varies. The iridum plugs do work as well as they are marketed, and ive been a fan of the Bosch plat 4s since they came out, the iridums are clearly better hp wise.

Add your comment to this topic!