Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

throttle body question

speedsters9
11-25-2003, 11:37 AM
I have a 91 Accord EXR 2.2L automatic (f22a4) and was wondering if there is a throttle body from another Accord/Prelude (include year, and engine number) with a larger diameter that will fit and improve performance of my car?

Thanks

speedsters9
12-06-2003, 02:09 PM
I have a 91 Accord EXR 2.2L automatic (f22a4) and was wondering if there is a throttle body from another Accord/Prelude (include year, and engine number) with a larger diameter that will fit and improve performance of my car?

Thanks

I know I've had this posted for a while with no response. I checked on accord tuner forum site and a fella told me a H23 (92-95 prelude si) throttle body will fit.

If you've heard different let me know cause I found an H23 TB and am going to look at it today, time permitting.

Thanks

92lx
12-07-2003, 12:46 AM
I'm not sure if the throttle body fits the plenum, but worse case scenario, get the plenum and throttle body from the h23 and slap it on your stock accord runners. However, if you have the f22a4, you're going to need the f22a6's runners for that to work). The main problem with just swapping TBs is that the TB of the Accord doesn't have the cold idle valve on it, it is on the plenum, the opposite on the prelude.

- Nathan

speedsters9
12-07-2003, 01:17 AM
I'm not sure if the throttle body fits the plenum, but worse case scenario, get the plenum and throttle body from the h23 and slap it on your stock accord runners. However, if you have the f22a4, you're going to need the f22a6's runners for that to work). The main problem with just swapping TBs is that the TB of the Accord doesn't have the cold idle valve on it, it is on the plenum, the opposite on the prelude.

- Nathan

Thanks for the info...Well it ends up the guy at the auto yard had a prelude but it is the last model of the Prelude, it was an SR with the triangle shaped tail lights. Sure would be nice to fit that motor in the accord. The Throttle body and intake from that model looked like they wouldn't match up with my car... I need the Si model.

Add your comment to this topic!