Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Clifford RSX3.5 and Viper 791XV

verno
11-24-2003, 11:13 AM
Hey everone,

In the process of checking out alarm / remote start systems. These are the two (Clifford RSX3.5 and Viper 791XV) that I am currently looking at.

Trying to get the pros/cons on each system. I visited each products webiste and downloaded their PDF files for review, but was hoping to hear a little bit from people who actually own one of these two products have to say about it. You know the good / bad / ugly. Read some information about the remotes on the Viper that they tend to break easily. I would assume that would be the same case for the Clifford as it looks almost exactly the same. Are there any standout features / benefits between these two systems?

Sorry if this topic has been talked to death in the past. If so can you forward a link to the discussions. Untill then I'll keep on searchin for more info.

Thanks in advance

GScivic7
11-24-2003, 08:07 PM
well, i haven't had any personal experience with either car alarms, but I thought I would just add that Clifford=Viper, reason why the remote cases look similar. They are both products of DEI

ponchonutty
11-24-2003, 08:58 PM
well, i haven't had any personal experience with either car alarms, but I thought I would just add that Clifford=Viper, reason why the remote cases look similar. They are both products of DEI

Yeah, he's right about DEI owning both. Both units are very solid performers. I personally like the Viper, Python, Sidewinder stuff. The Hornet item is a nice piece if you plan to do your own install. ALL OF THEM ARE EXACTLY THE SAME THING. I should know, I sell the Python stuff.

Personally, the NEW DEI stuff is a little better in the remote line. It's just that the LCD screens tend to crack if under pressure. THis is really the case with all of them so don't let that persuede you.

60hz163.5db
11-25-2003, 11:01 PM
well the rsx3.5 and viper 791xv should look the same since they exactly the same. The only "real" clifford stuff is the stuff with G5 technology ie.the avantgaurd5. Since you are talking 2-way you prolly aren't interested in this. As for Valet which is this year's hornet two way it differs alot from the viper and and clifford. The brain is differen't also the features are pretty cool but the range is so so and the delay time between car and remote is kinda slow.
If you are looking for more distance check out compustar.

ponchonutty
11-26-2003, 06:01 PM
The brain is differen't also the features are pretty cool but the range is so so and the delay time between car and remote is kinda slow.
If you are looking for more distance check out compustar.

It all depends on how you run the antenna cord. I too thought Compustar was the cat's ass until I installed a few and then talked to DEI about range problems. Now that I followed their advice, I've had absolutely no problems with range.

60hz163.5db
11-27-2003, 09:50 PM
i would agree with you but i install both on a very regular basis. The viper is only rated at 1200ft. which is a qaurter of a mile. Compustar's big dog has a Mile and a1/4 range. That was my arguement so to speak. As for running antenna's it's the same for all, never leave it balled up always run it back and forth under the headliner and if the factory actually specifies where to put the antenna PUT IT THERE.

integrasedan
11-29-2003, 01:45 AM
yeah they pretty much the same, although I would get the Clifford alarm because it sounds better and I like to be different, everyone has vipers.

ponchonutty
11-29-2003, 08:01 PM
It all depends on how you run the antenna cord. I too thought Compustar was the cat's ass until I installed a few and then talked to DEI about range problems. Now that I followed their advice, I've had absolutely no problems with range.

Yeah, I sold a few of the big dogs from Compustar and I must say that 1.25mile range HAS to be overrated. Infact, I had some people come back to complain that they couldn't start the car from a few blocks away. But, like anything, you get use to installing/selling certain things. I really liked how the Compustar installed and all but not too impressed with real world performance and definately not with their tech support. :sly:

whiteracer
12-02-2003, 03:25 PM
I've had the Viper 791XV myself for about a month now. Love it. Good range, multiple sensors, easy to use remote and options. Difficult to install.

predfan81
09-25-2005, 12:41 PM
Hey if you still want one I have the Viper 791xv two way remote start car alarm. Brand new in box for 250.00 shipped.

Add your comment to this topic!