Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Nsx-r Vs. C5 Z06

OoNismoO
11-22-2003, 08:09 PM
which car should win on a track like nurburgring? which do you think will win? does anyone have times for them?

Mr Payne
11-22-2003, 11:31 PM
They both had the same times. 7:56.

OoNismoO
11-23-2003, 12:14 AM
i asked, cause some kid said he saw a vid where the nsx-r beats the z06.

Mr Payne
11-23-2003, 05:09 AM
On Nurburgring? Sounds like BS.

OoNismoO
11-23-2003, 04:50 PM
yup, on nurburgring he said that the nsx-r beats the z06.

Mr Payne
11-24-2003, 04:46 AM
NSX-R vs Z06 on Nurburgring.....he has a video of this? Right.......go watch it. I know the NSX-R has a 7:56 time documented on video. A Z06 is not on this video though.

OoNismoO
11-24-2003, 09:54 AM
i didnt believe him anyways, but i do think it would be a drivers race. looks like the z06 is winning this poll though.

NISSANSPDR
11-24-2003, 11:48 AM
I think the ZO6 would win...and w/the money saved...you can always make it STOMP it...

Mr Payne
11-24-2003, 03:57 PM
NSX-R.........that's like what 120K? They aren't even sold in the US...

Kurtdg19
11-26-2003, 02:17 PM
This one is definatley going to the better driver. The Z06 has a marginal hp advantage, but it also weights 300+ pounds more than the nsx-r. Lets just hope that the driver in the nsx can really book it through the corners cause on the straight, its going to get dusted fairly easy. Now if this were the nsx-s, the Z06 shouldn't have difficulties overcoming it.

OoNismoO
11-26-2003, 02:42 PM
how much hp does the nsx-r have? i guess honda needs to put a little more power into their cars.

Kurtdg19
11-26-2003, 03:23 PM
how much hp does the nsx-r have? i guess honda needs to put a little more power into their cars.

Their rated at 276hp, and yes, why can't honda put more hp in their cars?
Although the lack of horsepower may make you think differently of this car. It is an incredibly good track car. The nsx-r was designed more for track than the nsx-s. It weights 2800lbs which give it a hell of a hp/weight ratio, and its suspension is very fine tuned. I want to say that the nsx-s weights right around the same as the Z06, but i'm not entirely sure. (i know its close)

TatII
11-28-2003, 12:38 AM
i seriously think the NSX is a underated hp car. just like every japanese sports car that is rated at 280. its amazing how every japanese tuner can get their cars to be exactly 280bhp huh? cusae think about it, the M3 weights 3200lbs. has 333hp and it does the 1/4 as quick as a nsx. which happens to weight the same but have around 40 less hp. doesn't that make you think? yes sure the NSX is more sleek and has a more effiecient drive train. ( transverse vs. longitutional. ) but still that alone can't make up for 40 hp.

Kurtdg19
11-28-2003, 01:00 AM
i seriously think the NSX is a underated hp car. just like every japanese sports car that is rated at 280. its amazing how every japanese tuner can get their cars to be exactly 280bhp huh? cusae think about it, the M3 weights 3200lbs. has 333hp and it does the 1/4 as quick as a nsx. which happens to weight the same but have around 40 less hp. doesn't that make you think? yes sure the NSX is more sleek and has a more effiecient drive train. ( transverse vs. longitutional. ) but still that alone can't make up for 40 hp.

Insn't that the oddest thing that a lot of Japanese sports car are rated a lot lower than what they actually are. The skyline is another example of this understatement lol.
I guess their are some american cars to that are pretty underated to. The svt Cobra rated at 390 but its actually well above that.

TatII
11-28-2003, 10:09 AM
yup esp the SRT-4. the thing was rated at 215bhp yet the thign put down more then 230 at the wheels. and the new ones are rated at like 230hp and it puts down 248whp.

flylwsi
11-28-2003, 04:33 PM
and w/the money saved...you can always make it STOMP

i think that anyone that uses this argument about a less expensive car should be banned... ;)
that's such a lame argument.

do you guys know anything about the nsx-r, or just that the zo6 has more power?

the 1/4 times for the nsx-r and the zo6 are actually very close, and the nsx-r has better handling characteristics.

it's stripped down, minimal weight, and would prolly be more than 300lbs. lighter than the zo6.

stock for stock, it'd be a very close race.

www.nsxprime.com
has some good info on the nsx, and should have info on the nsx-r. in their media section, they have some videos of the nsx-r stomping on a lot of "supercars" such as ferraris, porsches, so check that, and then get back to us on how the zo6 is soooo superior...
[edit] i lied a little, it's not identical, but close. 13ish seconds. in the 1/3, it's not amazingly close, but over a 14 mile track, it's not going to matter when you consider the handling prowess of the nsx-r [end edit]

and i'm not trying to start a big debate, but be informed before you automatically choose a car that you think should win b/c you "know" more about it...

OoNismoO
11-28-2003, 05:17 PM

if you re talking about the e46 m3, that thing weighs well above 3200 lbs. the lowest curb weight ive looked up was 3394 lbs. the regular nsx weighs less than that, and the type r version is even lighter. most of the time the weight of the e46 is some where above 3400 lbs.

as for this poll, im gonna have to say its a drivers race, i should of made a thired option.

lets ask this z06 vs nsx-r question a different way, which do you think is the better car for overall performance? i really cant say which is the better car, cause they both have good things to them. minus everything like quality, material, availablity and price, just which car you think is the better car for all out performance.

Kurtdg19
11-29-2003, 12:34 AM
if you re talking about the e46 m3, that thing weighs well above 3200 lbs. the lowest curb weight ive looked up was 3394 lbs. the regular nsx weighs less than that, and the type r version is even lighter. most of the time the weight of the e46 is some where above 3400 lbs.

as for this poll, im gonna have to say its a drivers race, i should of made a thired option.

lets ask this z06 vs nsx-r question a different way, which do you think is the better car for overall performance? i really cant say which is the better car, cause they both have good things to them. minus everything like quality, material, availablity and price, just which car you think is the better car for all out performance.

Thats still a tough call to say which is the better performer. I do however believe that the nsx-r was designed for the track more than the Z06 was. A nsx-r (i believe) would take a Z on just about everything that involves tight manuverability, but anything else, it would be really hard for it to overcome is hp disadvantage. If only all tracks were composed of quick cornering abilities vs. a balance of cornering and straights. It would also more than likely depend on the type of track they were on. I can't choose which car is the better performer overall. Maybe you guys can have better luck choosing than I have.

Add your comment to this topic!