Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Should I?

HondaIntegraXSI
11-22-2003, 05:25 PM
I've been thinking of geting a 2nd gen Integra LS. whould could I do to the motor that will let it have more horsepower, but not add stress to the B18A that will be in there. I am kind of tired of the police pulling me over and having a carb inspector search my car because it is JDM and right hand drive even though I have '99 civic Si emission on it. I am tight finacially and want to keep naturaly aspired. $2000 is about the max I want to spend on a motor. the car is an automatic, so a v-tec swap would be hard to accomplish since it is pre-obd.

Your V-8 can't touch my sweet Honda Integra XSi.....

91LSspecial
11-22-2003, 06:02 PM
with an auto i would say a turqe converter, and the obviouse i,h,but not exhaust...cause then you could still get pulled over. then....well you could do some internals but i would keep it like it is and just top it off with intake manifold...and well where do you live?

HondaIntegraXSI
11-22-2003, 08:27 PM
Tennesse3e and north carolina

91LSspecial
11-22-2003, 08:41 PM
oh well you should shop aroudn for race shops there that do swaps i found one here that will do a complete b16 swap (including tranny) into a DA for 2k adn a GSR for 2650.

tran_nsx
11-22-2003, 09:10 PM
automatic :disappoin
i would go f/i, cheapest way to go fast and some turbos are legal. too bad it's not manual.

91LSspecial
11-22-2003, 10:27 PM
well turbo's work better on auto's so it would be a good idea, with auto's you dont have turbo lag cause you never have shift...let off the gas to switch gears, but the turbo on an auto would not be good if you were pulled over, and also would tear you engine apart in six months to a year, if you are only spending around 2k

tran_nsx
11-22-2003, 10:46 PM
well turbo's work better on auto's so it would be a good idea, with auto's you dont have turbo lag cause you never have shift...let off the gas to switch gears, but the turbo on an auto would not be good if you were pulled over, and also would tear you engine apart in six months to a year, if you are only spending around 2k

no turbo lag cause it's automatic? regardless if it's auto or manual ur still going to have lag period. with automatic, the car still shifts gear, it's just that now it's automatically done for u. thats why it's call an automatic.

also just b/c theres a turbo doesn't mean it's going destroy your engine, where are u getting this info from? :screwy:

kicker1_solo
11-22-2003, 11:39 PM
I just bought a 90 LS with a B18C1 last night. Great cars, ever been to www.g2ic.com? That site is all about the 90-93 integra, maybe you should wander over there if you get this teg.

91LSspecial
11-23-2003, 12:05 AM
tran NSX,
look i will say this on that i dont know everything, but i do know that an automatic LS with a turbo will beat a manual LS turbo, this i am sure of. as far as the jargon that goes with expaining how it works i am not sure. but i know that after the auto spools up on the lauch it stays spooled and is always boost its potential.

91LSspecial
11-23-2003, 12:07 AM
wait even better i am going to start a new thread asking people

91LSspecial
11-23-2003, 09:27 PM
hey you have a jdm right hand drive gen 2 integra? where do you live man that is sweet i was talking to a friend of mine and he said there are only like two of those in califonia, nice pick.

HondaIntegraXSI
11-27-2003, 12:11 PM
A buddy of mine crashed it when I wad livin in NY, and he sold it to me for a grand, I had to replace the whole passenger and rear sides body pannels. yes, it's a righthand drive, JDM, 2G teg

Add your comment to this topic!