Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Help! - Question about turbo'ing my higher mileage integra

CrazyModGSR
11-22-2003, 02:05 AM
I'll try and keep this short. I am thinking of a turbo or supercharger for my 1994 Integra GS-R. One problem is that it has nearly 111,000 miles on it, and I don't know if boosting my 'teg is a wise decision with this higher mileage. A few people have said to have the compression checked, others to have the cylinders rehoned. Basically I am wondering what I would need to do to be able to boost my 'teg. How much would you guess it to cost (whatever would need to be done)? Would you reommend a turbo or a supercharger? If a turbo, how much horsepower or psi of boost can I get away with on stock internals? Any suggestions, or ideas?
Thanks
Tim
PS - Any other engine mods necessary for the turbo (ie: intercooler, better fuel pump/system, injectors, etc.)?

tran_nsx
11-22-2003, 09:15 PM
b4 u do anything have your compression check first. why have a turbo setup if your engine is bad?

integraluva
11-23-2003, 02:59 AM
I'll try and keep this short. I am thinking of a turbo or supercharger for my 1994 Integra GS-R. One problem is that it has nearly 111,000 miles on it, and I don't know if boosting my 'teg is a wise decision with this higher mileage. A few people have said to have the compression checked, others to have the cylinders rehoned. Basically I am wondering what I would need to do to be able to boost my 'teg. How much would you guess it to cost (whatever would need to be done)? Would you reommend a turbo or a supercharger? If a turbo, how much horsepower or psi of boost can I get away with on stock internals? Any suggestions, or ideas?
Thanks
Tim
PS - Any other engine mods necessary for the turbo (ie: intercooler, better fuel pump/system, injectors, etc.)?
hey, sorry i dnt hav any answers to your questions, but im just curious as to how much you payed for your gsr.

CrazyModGSR
11-23-2003, 03:01 AM
I payed $5800 in May with 104,000 miles on it. Needed new fenders, front bumper, and possibly headlights.

integraluva
11-23-2003, 03:05 AM
I payed $5800 in May with 104,000 miles on it. Needed new fenders, front bumper, and possibly headlights.
oh, o k.. im seling my 92 ls and ive been looking at a few gsr's, around $7500 for a '94. you got a good deal man, nice car.

Add your comment to this topic!