Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

v8 in civic???!!!

LongCoolMother
11-21-2003, 09:02 PM
this morning i jokingly suggested that my friend who has a '94 civic LX, that he put a v8 engine in his car. well, he said this wasnt possible and i insisted it was. in fact, ive seen photos of v8 miatas and and even v8 ford focuses, so i assumed itd be possible, after intense modifying, to put a v8 into a civic.

obviously, its not practical and i dont see why anyone in their right mind would do so. but is it possible?

well, needless to say, he was pissed and we argued about whether it was possible. seeing as i cant really find any answers, im asking if its actually possible? some of my friends told me they've had neighbors that have done this but im not sure. anyone have any more detailed insight/resources on this? its fascinating!

maxspeedhonda
11-21-2003, 10:42 PM
ANYTHING is possible with the right amount of cash.

Hybrid1990crx
11-22-2003, 01:27 AM
I swear, someone posts about this topic twice a month.

Saki0
11-22-2003, 01:33 AM
its fascinating!
Its ghey :gay: It can be done but why?

I hear ya Hybrid1990crx :lol2:

cvcc_wagon
11-22-2003, 11:29 AM
just do a search or look in "Lets Get Technical" this topic was already beaten to death and it dosnt need to be done again.

ra227
11-22-2003, 12:56 PM
Yeah I think the last 4 posts summed it perfectly.

pheurton-skeurto
11-22-2003, 11:23 PM
half of the time these guys who start a new "v8 in a civic" thread are guys who dont have civics or even hondas at all. these threads make baby jesus cry.

i think if im having a bad day or something im going to come on here and start a post in this section titled: "is penis size proportionate to horsepower?" or maybe that should go in the "getting technical" forum. tell me what you think...

cvcc_wagon
11-22-2003, 11:54 PM
onlt if it dosn't have JDM stamped on it

Saki0
11-23-2003, 12:56 AM
onlt if it dosn't have JDM stamped on it

Things that have "JDM" stamped on them most likely aren't real (trying to immitate JDM items). If you didn't already what it stands for,JDM=Japanese Domestic Market. Some people are JDM fanatics which I just don't understand. If I wanted a JDM car I would freaking import one rather than throwing pieces on. Just me though :) Sorry that I further changed the topic. Take care :sunglasse

LongCoolMother
11-23-2003, 01:12 AM
half of the time these guys who start a new "v8 in a civic" thread are guys who dont have civics or even hondas at all. these threads make baby jesus cry.

i think if im having a bad day or something im going to come on here and start a post in this section titled: "is penis size proportionate to horsepower?" or maybe that should go in the "getting technical" forum. tell me what you think...

i dont have a civic. but i do have a honda. i have an s2000, and in fact, my mom has an '02 accord.

im not interested in putting a v8 in a civic. i like cars bone stock, and not modified. i was only unsure if this were possible.

SilverY2KCivic
11-23-2003, 03:13 AM
i dont have a civic. but i do have a honda. i have an s2000, and in fact, my mom has an '02 accord.

im not interested in putting a v8 in a civic. i like cars bone stock, and not modified. i was only unsure if this were possible.

Anything is possible with the right amount of $$$, end of story. This has been touched on more times than you can shake a stick at, and it's been done almost half as many times, well at least a few that I've actually seen or read about.

Main point here, this subject as told time and time again has NOTHING to do with JDM, unless you talking a V8 Honda motor, and even then the only ones around are USDM designed, created and made for Indy Cars and F1. Well ok, I take that back, Mugen designs V8 motors (or is it V6?) for F1 and F3000 type race cars. But who can really afford to drop one of those into their cars? ;) This is a sub forum area on all things JDM Honda related, and nothing else. Nothing domestic, nothing USDM Honda, just pure Japanese Domestic Market stuff. :rolleyes: This thread is now closed, thank you.

Add your comment to this topic!