Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1992 Buick LeSabre heater is blowing cold air

Tommy Boy
11-21-2003, 06:52 PM
My heater is blowing cold air on the right side and warm air on the left side. In addition, the external/internal temperature display flashes for a short period of time shortly after I start up the engine. I think these problems are related. Any diagnosis would be great!

vinceleto
01-15-2004, 10:25 PM
My heater is blowing cold air on the right side and warm air on the left side. In addition, the external/internal temperature display flashes for a short period of time shortly after I start up the engine. I think these problems are related. Any diagnosis would be great!

Tommy
My Father has the same exact problem on his 95 park Ave. I think GM made them to break exactly that way. The problem from what the dealer told me, is a computer module behind the passenger dash. The flashing ext. temp is the unit telling you something is wong. That part behind the dash will run you about $500 new just for the part and any burnt out motors that actually open and close the vent doors. In short that part controls the doors. The left is open the right is closed.

comp
01-15-2004, 10:53 PM
short term i'd manully prop open the door till spring, $500 :screwy:

Add your comment to this topic!