How easy is it to steal a honda?

sbddude
11-21-2003, 07:41 PM
Just how easy are they to steal? Mine was stolen and from the stories I heard from the tow truck driver it sounds pretty easy. What do you think?

Jay!
11-21-2003, 08:15 PM
Having had my own Honda stolen as well, I must say far too easy. The police officer that recovered my car explained to me the basics, and they were just too simple.

However, I don't think the equivalent of a 'how-to' should be posted on a forum such as this. :/

SiGNAL748
11-21-2003, 10:14 PM
i would assume its pretty easy. :disappoin

kicker1_solo
11-21-2003, 11:26 PM
I can get into and start most hondas (minus newer integras and s2000s) in under 120 seconds.

mycivic
11-21-2003, 11:30 PM
what about the 2003 and 2004? are they that easy to steal too? i thought you cant start the new ones with out the key coz it had some microchip in the key or something like that. and the car will only start if the right key with the microchip is inserted. yeah, dont post how to do it here...people might get ideas.

pheurton-skeurto
11-25-2003, 12:22 AM
ha ha, ha ha... look if someone wants your car, theyll take it. i have a 95 civic lx (with alarm) that was taken at noon, i could go into the story but ill just get pissed.

theres many, MANY ways to jack a honda, especially a civic: breaking window, peeling sheet metal away, busting the fuck out of the lock, coat hanger, bust out the trunk, need more?!?!

man fuck people, seriously, thanks for starting this thread and pissing me off. the best prevention is to put like 10 kill switches all over your car...

ponchonutty
11-26-2003, 07:20 PM
ha ha, ha ha... look if someone wants your car, theyll take it. i have a 95 civic lx (with alarm) that was taken at noon, i could go into the story but ill just get pissed.

theres many, MANY ways to jack a honda, especially a civic: breaking window, peeling sheet metal away, busting the fuck out of the lock, coat hanger, bust out the trunk, need more?!?!

man fuck people, seriously, thanks for starting this thread and pissing me off. the best prevention is to put like 10 kill switches all over your car...

I know the older Hondas without the sentry keys were real easy. All you needed was a self centering punch for the window and a cordless drill for the ign. cylindar. Once you broke the lock, it will turn over very easy. I've seen so many cars like done like this.

SiGNAL748
11-26-2003, 07:23 PM
don't obdII hondas have an immobilizer thing? :confused:

portaman03
12-02-2003, 04:57 AM
i own a 94 accord, which i one of the most stolen cars in the US. i dunno about other hondas, but the accord's lcok switch sticks out next to the door handle, and can be flipped by sticking a bent coat hanger thru the window and hooking it upwards. not cool lol.

Maple50175
12-30-2003, 05:01 AM
yeah today my g.f locked her keys in her car behind my house with the car on and yeah we got a coat hanger and were like shit how do we do this... My g.f did drives door and i did passanger and shit Shes one smart girl after like 20 secs she herd a click and started jumping up and down she got the door unlocked and like liek i hate u i wanted to do it do i tryed and nothin happend :( So i tryed on my 93 accord and man its easy Wish i could steal one lmao O well Im set with not getting cought goodnite

Ispankyourmom
12-30-2003, 03:09 PM
My car was stolen - I bought it with a salvaged title from an auto salvage/wrecking yard. Almost every car that they had was a Honda or Acura - they had a new Nissan Altima that they were rebuilding - I guess it either got stolen, wrecked, or both.

As soon as I get a new job, I'm gonna pay my civic off then I'm going to buy me a hatchback so I'll have two project cars - a coupe and a hatch.

Add your comment to this topic!