Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

no air across heater core

desperato
11-21-2003, 06:12 PM
I have exactly the same problem as the following guy. I hear loud air blowing yet get no air through any vent. I have air in front of the heater coil and the evaporator but none going across the coils. I checked vacuum to all lines. I cut access holes to see the vent dors operate. The electric door to regulate the down wind side of the coils works fine. Defrost vent opens and closes. I even drilled an access hole on the engine side of the duct, just after the blower and air does blow out. Yet on the inside of the car there is no flow anywhere. . My question is,

Is there a vent door between the blower and the coils, like a primary door which allows no air to the coils? Where approximately is it located where I could at least open it and get airflow? Or are the doors only after the coils? I think I see a screen covering the evaporator. Is there also one on the heater core which may be blocked? Seems unlikely to stop ALL airflow.

Sorry if this sounds confusing but I am baffled as to why air is being pushed, all vents do appear by sight and sound to be operating, including the electric motor yet I can get no flow south of the coil.

Here is a clip from a similar situation.

> both driver and passenger valves are working(i could hear the motors and feel the >valves moving), replaced the cabin air filter. Looking at the diagrams in the repair >manual(WPB-3), i believe there is a blockage at the heater core somehow. What could >this blockage be?

tman
11-23-2003, 01:01 AM
you clicked the wrong button, "Post reply" next time, thanks

Add your comment to this topic!