Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2g eclipse gs-t vs celica gt-s

Crimson
11-21-2003, 02:58 AM
I was having this arguement on a celica forum with the guys there telling them that GS-T would take em easily stock to stock. Just wanted to see what you guys think?

Polygon
11-21-2003, 10:11 AM
The fastest I've ever heard a Celica GTS doing in the 1/4 miles was 14.8 seconds. The Eclpise GS-T is capable of faster stock with a good driver. My vote goes to the Eclipse GS-T.

OoNismoO
11-21-2003, 03:22 PM
i think the eclipse gs-t would more likely win.

nissanThree00zx
11-22-2003, 05:04 PM
oh come on now, how can a Celica GTS be compared with an Eclipse GST. One is just an N/A sport coupe and the other one has turbo!
Of course the Eclipse will win easily! But if you say that its an Eclipse GST against a Celica All-Track(the AWD model with 200HP), then i would go for the Celica for sure.

hmm...what's gonna be the result if it's an Eclipse GSX(AWD with 200HP) vs. a Celica All-Track? tough match indeed...

Crimson
11-22-2003, 05:54 PM
Uhm...What are you talking about, the GTS which I am talking about IS the upgrade model. Its only got 180 hp though and im not sure if its AWD but I think it is. And it has something called Lift when it hits 3rd gear but I dont know what the fuck it is.

youngvr4
11-22-2003, 06:09 PM
oh come on now, how can a Celica GTS be compared with an Eclipse GST. One is just an N/A sport coupe and the other one has turbo!
Of course the Eclipse will win easily! But if you say that its an Eclipse GST against a Celica All-Track(the AWD model with 200HP), then i would go for the Celica for sure.

hmm...what's gonna be the result if it's an Eclipse GSX(AWD with 200HP) vs. a Celica All-Track? tough match indeed...

if you can see, there are very car educated people on here who had to think about whats faster, you on the other hand say it will blow its doors off, road and track states it runs a 15.4 while your super turbo runs a 15.0 bone stock, .4 sec up that high in time isn't that far apart.
we all say its faster but not that damn faster.

2000LS1Z28
11-22-2003, 07:52 PM
The Eclipse turbo is alot quicker. Of course that could be due to the 70+ extra foot pounds of torque it has ;) The Celica will kill it through the turns though (Can you say go-cart?). Personally i'd buy the Celica, because it is alot more reliable. Drag racing wise, the Eclipse will always throw dirt in the Celica's face. I can't think of any engine, besides the supra turbo's engine, that responds to mods better then the 4g63.

Afrokid
11-23-2003, 03:40 PM
omg...this is funny...there wouldn't even really be a race.. the GST would smoke that Celica

youngvr4
11-23-2003, 07:17 PM
but were not talking mods were talking stock, were not talking what the engine "CAN" do were talking stock. eclipse will win yes but you guys make it seem like its a rx-7 vs a honda civic there not that far apart.

2000LS1Z28
11-24-2003, 12:02 AM
The Eclipse is about 5 tenths of a second faster then the Celica, even more if there is altitude. That leaves a significant margin for error.

youngvr4
11-24-2003, 12:24 AM
The Eclipse is about 5 tenths of a second faster then the Celica, even more if there is altitude. That leaves a significant margin for error.

yes i already stated that it was about .4 sec faster, but up at times of 15 sec .4 sec is no more than a car length. i was .2 sec behind this car at the track and my front was at his door. meaning .4 or.5 sec isn't 3 cars behind you like it sounds its made out to be, its more like a car length, which isn't that bad especially on the street.

Add your comment to this topic!