Page updated on 04-20-2018

Anyone with an Accord CE8?

Capt_N
11-21-2003, 02:48 AM
Hi all,

Brought my Accord CE8/F20Z1 a couple of months back just before I passed my driving test. :smile: Seemed the logical choice as my mother has an Accord CC7/F20Z2 and my oldman has an Prelude BA2/B20A1 all UKDM.

Going to add a Pioneer CDX-P670 boot changer to the OE Pioneer P-series headunit, just need to know what the bestway of routing the buslead would be and where to mount the changer, I don't really want to drill any holes or cut up my boot? Would this kind of infomation be in the Rover 600 Haynes manual by any chance?

I'm starting to think it would be easier just to change the OE headunit for an MP3 version? :banghead:

Thanks.

AccordCE8
11-21-2003, 07:20 AM
Welcome welcome, I'm the only accordce8 owner on this forum, so happy another one is here!
I've got the haynes of the rover 600 .. pretty good.
I think with 'buslead' you mean the positive wire from the batterie to the amplifier.... eh no.. after reading it again, you mean the wire from stereo to cd-changer?
It's best to ask this at a local 'sound-shop', i've known where to put it but it's also dependend on where you're going to put (future?) amplifier wires and so on...
I personally would go for an mp3 player .. or wait a few months and maybe there come some dvd-reader units so you can play many many mp3 songs :D
You've got some pics of your car?

Capt_N
11-22-2003, 03:07 AM
Hi AccordCE8,

Yep it's the lead for the cd changer to the headunit, spoke to a few people it seems I'll have to remove the centre console, seats front and rear to get the lead in, too much like hard work it seems, oh well MP3 headunit it is then. :banghead:

Regarding the Rover 600 Haynes, I take it that 80/90% contents of the book would also cover the Accords?

As for pics of my car, I have some but they are not very good quality, hopefully will get a digitalcamera sometime soon, pics done with my old 8mm camcorder to DVD-RAM then frame captured using PowerDVD on my PC this morning. :eek7:

My 1998 Honda Accord 2.0i SE (UKDM/CE8):
http://www.nobody.org.uk/temp/myce8front.jpg

Engine bay (F20Z1):
http://www.nobody.org.uk/temp/myce8enginebay.jpg

Inside:
http://www.nobody.org.uk/temp/myce8int.jpg

My Mothers 1995 2.0i (UKDM/CC7) :evillol: :
http://www.nobody.org.uk/temp/mymotherscc7.jpg

AccordCE8
11-22-2003, 07:05 AM
What I see, you have got airco in it? SE whas the most expensive luxury version isn't it? also stock honda rims, roofwindow (or how do you call it?). Prepare that it's hard to tune the 'looks' of the car, very little tuning parts for it, the engine and some other technical stuff is very similar to the prelude, so engine swap is no problem :D .
The rover 600 haynes manual covers the accord very well in my experience. I'll try to post some pics of my car one of these days (fellow forum users must know i've said this before, and i still didn't do so
:greddy2: .. cant find a 'shame smiley' , this one looks like it :D )

hmmm, or hit myself with a chair :chair: , very nice

Capt_N
11-22-2003, 08:01 AM
Roofwindow = Sunroof :smile:

Taken from http://www.parkers.co.uk/choosing/mini_reviews/?model_id=10033&data=historyonly

In the UK from January 1998 the model range was revised:

S, SE, Sport, Executive and Executive Sport versions, existing 2.0TD and 2.2VTEC remain unchanged. All with air conditioning and alloy wheels. SE has sunroof and cruise control. Sport has front fog lamps, rear spoiler. Executive has leather upholstery, CD autochanger. Executive Sport combines both Executive and Sport equipment.

My CE8 is not an Executive so no heated leather seats or heated doormirrors or CD changer. :(

I am not really into modding, as I don't know that much about cars, but the idea of fitting front OE/stock foglights into the airdam does appeal to me. :evillol: Also if I were to swap the engine it would be the H23A3 I would be dropping in. :evillol:

I really do like the stock/OE look. :screwy:

Thought I saw some pics of your CE8 somewhere, you have a custom mesh grill?

I shall get the Rover 600 Haynes since you recommened it. :)

AccordCE8
11-30-2003, 12:04 PM
finally put a set of pics of my car online .. in the pics thread

so no heated leather seats??? what a shame haha. personally i dont like leather seats... for a few years they look ok but after some years the leather becomes ugly ... and it's too hot in the summer days... and yes i'm a diehard (?) and haven't got airco :D
my mesh grill has been removed again to stock...
hope you enjoy your haynes manual.. it's also the only book available for your car, or you must buy genuine honda book ????? , what i've seen you can also look at the uk official honda site, they have put some manuals online, also for the accord before the ce/cc version, the american one, don't know the version number of it.

AccordCE8
12-02-2003, 06:08 PM
Look at this! Never knew japan has 'the english accord' also, it's a honda ASCOT INNOVA ...

look at the different rear lights .... and the b-style(??? the beam between the front and rear door) ... it's a subaru style window/door thing...nice...

even some more pics in this link:
more ascot pics (http://www.echna.ne.jp/~susuman/michirai/myINNOVA/innovaG/innovaG.htm)

http://www.echna.ne.jp/~susuman/michirai/myINNOVA/000603carfilm/Aut13007kai.jpg

http://www.echna.ne.jp/~susuman/michirai/myINNOVA/000603carfilm/Aut13012kai.jpg

http://www.echna.ne.jp/~susuman/michirai/myINNOVA/000603carfilm/Aut13014kai.jpg

http://www.echna.ne.jp/~susuman/michirai/myINNOVA/000603carfilm/Aut13018kai.jpg

http://www.echna.ne.jp/~susuman/michirai/myINNOVA/991029-2ndinnova/Aut_6724kai.jpg

http://www.echna.ne.jp/~susuman/michirai/myINNOVA/991029-2ndinnova/Aut_6706kai.jpg

Capt_N
12-03-2003, 03:56 PM
Got the Rover 600 Haynes seems very good, covers more of my mothers CC7 than my CE8, but basic things are the same.

Bought a Pioneer DEH-P5530MP CD/MP3 headunit and replaced the stock Pioneer KEH-P4830R.

Nice unit, now need some new speakers, I think the rear speakers are 6x9's, do you know what sizes the front speakers and tweeters are?

Also do I have to cut the connectors off the stock speaker cables? I don't want to do it as would be a pain to restore the stock speakers.

That Ascot Innova looks sweet!

The Ascot Innova came before the UK/euro Accord, it was first made in 1992 JDM, the 5th gen UK/euro Accord is based on it.

I do prefer the location of the window controls on the Ascot Innova and the dials:

http://www.auto.vl.ru/catalog_photos/honda/ascot_innova/honda_ascot_innova_7577.jpg

I wonder if there are any Ascot Innova JDM mods that would fit on a 5th gen UK/euro Accord? :screwy:

AccordCE8
12-03-2003, 05:40 PM
Got the Rover 600 Haynes seems very good, covers more of my mothers CC7 than my CE8, but basic things are the same.

yep, basics are the same ... nice to know how things can be taken out and so on :D

Nice unit, now need some new speakers, I think the rear speakers are 6x9's, do you know what sizes the front speakers and tweeters are?

rear is 6x9 .. front i don't know right away,i can check it out for you, i've got the stock one somewhere in my house, i 've put some oversized ones in it.... on a piece of mdf ... the tweaters i've put in my doors, in front of the door-handle ... the original tweater space near the front screen can be easily measured, just take of the 'piece of cloth'

Also do I have to cut the connectors off the stock speaker cables? I don't want to do it as would be a pain to restore the stock speakers.

depending on what speakers you buy you dont have to cut them .. each connector has 2 sizes to connect... you see it when you disconnect them

That Ascot Innova looks sweet!

The Ascot Innova came before the UK/euro Accord, it was first made in 1992 JDM, the 5th gen UK/euro Accord is based on it.

I do prefer the location of the window controls on the Ascot Innova and the dials:

agree! windows controls in doors is much better

I wonder if there are any Ascot Innova JDM mods that would fit on a 5th gen UK/euro Accord? :screwy:

i've tried searching for ascot innova mods ... cant find any ... probably because it's all in japanese... google cant translate that for me :(
I've found out the ascot innova from about '95 has a 5 cilinder ... and it's fitted in longitudional(???) direction ... i asume it's front wheel driven but ....
or put on 4ws! the ascot innova 93 has got it!

Capt_N
12-03-2003, 11:02 PM
rear is 6x9 .. front i don't know right away,i can check it out for you, i've got the stock one somewhere in my house, i 've put some oversized ones in it.... on a piece of mdf ... the tweaters i've put in my doors, in front of the door-handle ... the original tweater space near the front screen can be easily measured, just take of the 'piece of cloth'

The tweeters on the front of the dashboard are under metal grilles on my CE8. Don't want to put you to any trouble regarding the size of the door speakers, if you can't find them I'll just take the doorcard out over the weekend.

depending on what speakers you buy you dont have to cut them .. each connector has 2 sizes to connect... you see it when you disconnect them

Hmmm okay, I was thinking of doing the upgrade on the cheap, so I was looking at some Pioneer 3-way 6x9's, unless you can recomend any better speakers in the low to mid price ranges?

agree! windows controls in doors is much better
i've tried searching for ascot innova mods ... cant find any ... probably because it's all in japanese... google cant translate that for me :(
I've found out the ascot innova from about '95 has a 5 cilinder ... and it's fitted in longitudional(???) direction ... i asume it's front wheel driven but ....
or put on 4ws! the ascot innova 93 has got it!

I can't believe some of the stock equipment on the Ascot Innova, auto-climate control, traction control, 4WS!! :evillol: to name a few. I think the UK/euro Accord was under spec'd at the time of release. I have had a look for some mods as well and haven't found anything, I would of expected at least a Mugen catalog. :banghead:

I see what you mean about the rear lights:
http://www.nobody.org.uk/temp/AscotInnova-05.jpg

Got me thinking about finding a JDM trunk/boot lid with license plate holder and light units and hoping they would fit my CE8 :screwy: , but I am pretty sure the JDM lights would be illegal over here in the UK. :uhoh: :banghead:

AccordCE8
12-04-2003, 05:33 PM
The tweeters on the front of the dashboard are under metal grilles on my CE8. Don't want to put you to any trouble regarding the size of the door speakers, if you can't find them I'll just take the doorcard out over the weekend.

because your accord is more luxury it has got metal grilles :D
i've looked it after ... i've got 5 1/4" speakers mounted in front ... the cut-out diameter is 4 5/8" (118 mm), but they dont fit without some mdf because of the depth of the speakers... i've measured the stock honda speakers, the outside diameter is 158 mm, the diameter where the fitment holes are is about 145 mm

Hmmm okay, I was thinking of doing the upgrade on the cheap, so I was looking at some Pioneer 3-way 6x9's, unless you can recomend any better speakers in the low to mid price ranges?

personally i do care about sound quality and have fitted infinity's, but they're expensive. In the low-mid range there's no real difference, but if you want the 'most sound of your watt's ' ( i mean sound louder than comparable speakers) you have to buy jbl's, it's the same manufacturer as infinity... and you get more sound of compared to other speaker brands, because they've low energy losses. Be prepared how nice cartbord speakers honda fitted... you'll be surprised they gave that reasonable good quality :) . And don't believe salespersons talking about maximum watt's and so on.... a) maximum watt is bullshit, nominal what is what you care about b) your amplifier never achieves that high nominal watts... probably your new radio says 4*45 watts ... that max. watts ... so nominal it'll only be about 4 times 10 to 20 watts. but that doesn't sell that well :D

I can't believe some of the stock equipment on the Ascot Innova, auto-climate control, traction control, 4WS!! :evillol: to name a few. I think the UK/euro Accord was under spec'd at the time of release. I have had a look for some mods as well and haven't found anything, I would of expected at least a Mugen catalog. :banghead:

I see what you mean about the rear lights:

Got me thinking about finding a JDM trunk/boot lid with license plate holder and light units and hoping they would fit my CE8 :screwy: , but I am pretty sure the JDM lights would be illegal over here in the UK. :uhoh: :banghead:

probably this will keep dreams .. grrrr

Capt_N
12-20-2003, 11:45 AM
Right then, finally got around to upgrading the speakers. Decided to go with some Pioneer TS-E6995 (6x9) for the rear and TS-E1695 (16CM) for the front after listening to them, they sound better than Infinity for the type of music I listen too. I am not going to do the front tweeters since they were not installed, hence no wiring loom and I'm not brave enough to take apart the dash.

Going to have to mod both the front and rear brackets to get the Pioneers to fit even though I have got the 6x9's to fit sort of with 2 screws in the front of the bracket, the front brackets need the rear plastic shell cutting off. Using Autoleads PC2-818 to convert the speaker multi-plugs rather than cutting them off.

My local Honda dealer wants 15 (21Euro) per bracket, I think I'll get some replacements from a scrapyard when I have to restore the original speakers.

You were right, it's hard to believe that half decent sound quality came from the original Goodmans oneway speakers!

Capt_N
12-23-2003, 08:20 AM
All done, spent the morning in cold and wet installing the speakers. The 16CM speakers in the doors has a depth of 60.5MM, so I took the back off the plastic baskets/brackets to get them to fit and they didn't interfere with the windows.

Decided not to mod the rear brackets since the 6x9's has a pretty good seal even with 2 screws.

I'm quite surprised how good the audio is when using just headunit power, the headunit is rated at 4x50w BS power (around 4x27w RMS), so no need for a sub and amp I think.

Thanks again for all your help, the next project might be installing Dynamat or something similar, installing a cdchanger and a Nokia handsfree carkit! BTW your CE8 looks cool, what colour is it?

Add your comment to this topic!