Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Honda Technicians

itry2fly
11-18-2003, 07:27 PM
How many Honda techs we got out there??? Dealership or specialty shop and where are you??? :p

BullShifter
11-19-2003, 12:19 AM
I worked for Honda as a tech, then service advisor.
Now myself & another honda tech/advisor (13yrs exp) have an independant shop.

jdmcrxhatch
12-18-2003, 01:33 PM
I want to apprentice for a garage at a honda dealership to bad you gotta be 18 tho yo.

Ispankyourmom
12-31-2003, 12:26 PM
How would you go about getting an apprenticeship?

BullShifter
12-31-2003, 04:02 PM
How would you go about getting an apprenticeship?
If you have any experience, then apply for a lube tech posistion - oil changes, tires, etc(easy stuff). If your good enough, they will move you up & send you to Honda school.
No experience with cars? Start out as a service porter & work your way up.

Having some auto. edumacation will also be helpful.

If you do get an entry level job, most likely you will be working with/next to the shop foreman or other very experienced tech's. That by far will be the best education, books/classroom only do so much.

Ispankyourmom
12-31-2003, 05:16 PM
Thanks for the Info - I'm gonna be looking into a few programs - I may be able to get paid training to become a Toyota Tech (which would probably help me out if/when I work on my Civic since the new Celicas with the VVTI 4 bangers are probably very similar to all Honda VTEC engines (they both only engage the secondary lobe after so many RPMs)

F23A4Racer750IL
12-31-2003, 07:56 PM
I want to apprentice for a garage at a honda dealership to bad you gotta be 18 tho yo.

my uncle is the head mechanic at the honda dealership near me. he said when i turn 18 i can work there as an apprentice. i already have expierience. so hopefully if i get the job i could work there for awhile. until im stuck in the landscaping/lawn mowing buisness.

turbonewf
01-29-2004, 03:43 PM
13 years at City Honda, St John's, Newfoundland, Canada. first as an apprentice, then as a fully licenced journeyman tech. great job, wonderful place to work

mwkirchner
02-29-2004, 07:54 AM
How many Honda techs we got out there??? Dealership or specialty shop and where are you??? :p

I am a former Honda tech and I am now the Service Coordinator for the dealership I work at. I am located in Dover DE. I have been around Hondas since 1984 and worked on them (and still do sometimes) until last year. I do still get my hands dirty at times. I oversee 10 technicians right now and we will be upping that to 14 in the very near future. I have been in the same dealership since 1984.

I will try to do my best to answer your questions. If I happen to run across something that I can not answer I will talk with the other techs to try to come up with an answer to it.

I am looking forward to being around a while. Mark

keepuout
03-02-2004, 04:28 PM
looking for wiering scamatics for 2000 SIR,,,,ASAP

mwkirchner
03-04-2004, 08:17 PM
looking for wiering scamatics for 2000 SIR,,,,ASAP

Which ones?

Add your comment to this topic!