Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1 thread...2 questions

integra818
11-18-2003, 06:46 PM
HI, I have a question about bore&stroke. If a car has a bore&stroke of 99.0 and 99.0, what size will the engine be (internally...duh). I did a search but no luck.

Also, how many things can you really do to an engine without making exxess noise???...Things like lighter pullies, changing timing, spark plugs, spark plug wires, all of them will add a bit of power and not make noise, but I only know of these 4 things. Anybody have anymore parts that make power and don't make noise???(exept for nitrous...and stickers)

:)

EDIT: Does anyone know how I can find the engine size if I have the bore and stroke numbers??? I tried multipliying 86 by 86, intead of getting something close to 2000, I got something like 1800 which does'nt seem like the correct number of CC's a 2.0 liter engine would have.

KC Ron Carter
11-18-2003, 07:51 PM
Here is a link to a bore and stroke calulator.

http://www.bluetraxx.com/engine_displacement_new.htm

The best performance for the dollar is a change in differential gear ratio.

Later,

JohnnyWash1
11-19-2003, 04:31 AM
While head and cam changes radically change the character of the engine, they don't do MUCH to increase noise. Depending on how wild you go, there may be a lumpier idle or louder intake roar; however, the truest way to make a car noticeably louder is through exhaust.

Jon

Add your comment to this topic!