Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Speaker recomendations

integra111
11-18-2003, 05:00 PM
Looking for some 6.5 component speakers.
What are some recomendations? :smokin:

SilverY2KCivic
11-18-2003, 07:42 PM
Looking for some 6.5 component speakers.
What are some recomendations? :smokin:

In all honesty, when it comes to audio, what works for one won't always work for another. Go to any local stereo shops near you and take a listen to some different models of speakers, then make a determination on what sounds best to you. :) Other people's recommendations aren't bad to have, but it may not be the exact sound you're looking for either if your picky about your taste in sound.

With my experience, Kenwood speakers suck. I have Infinity Referance speakers at all corners of my car and for my thumper as well, and I couldn't be anymore pleased with the sound it gives. I mean I probably could, but for the budget I was in and what I paid for them, it's seriously the best setup for me. Alpine has good speakers as well, as does JBL. Some of the higher end companies are also quite good. But again, it's all personal preferance. Happy hunting. :cool:

unusualcivic
11-18-2003, 08:33 PM
:iagree:

i'd also add that JL Audio XR series are pretty good, albeit a little on the $$$ side. :smokin:

mjshort18
11-19-2003, 04:05 PM
infinity kappas are awesome

GScivic7
11-19-2003, 05:34 PM
Alpine Type-R components. A friend of mine recently bought a set along with 6.5" coaxials for the back and an Alpine MRV-F340 amp. It sounds amazing. Probably what I'm going to go with along with two 12" Alpine Type-R subs and an Alpine MRV-M500 amp once I get my Subby.

hammerdgolfer
11-20-2003, 01:11 AM
ill recommend fosgate fanatic p componetns if your running them off a deck, fantic x if you have n amp and fanatic Q the best ones if you have an amp and wantt he best
theyre so incredibly clear you wouldnt belive, nother good set would be the infinity perfects if you have an amp but those are more expensive than fanatic q's so i wouldnt opt for those

unusualcivic
11-20-2003, 04:37 PM
i have a seat of Fanatic P components in my civic, and I completely agree, they sound awesome if they are placed reasonably well :smokin:

knorwj
11-20-2003, 07:14 PM
hmmm, Focal Utopias, or of course the MB Quarts ( not sure what model, either the Q or the premium?)

course those are a tad bit pricey, but well worth it.

pheurton-skeurto
11-21-2003, 04:06 PM
for the price, IMO, JBL's are tough to beat. but once again...speakers are completely 100% preference. ive seen guys take cheap radio shack speakers and make them sound really good with good amplification. gL.

Integra4200
11-21-2003, 04:23 PM
Alpine Type-R components. A friend of mine recently bought a set along with 6.5" coaxials for the back and an Alpine MRV-F340 amp. It sounds amazing. Probably what I'm going to go with along with two 12" Alpine Type-R subs and an Alpine MRV-M500 amp once I get my Subby.

How much was this setup, and where did your friend get it at?

GScivic7
11-23-2003, 08:49 PM
he got the components for around $130 at ikesound.com and the amp from thewholesalematrix.com for around $200 I believe. the coaxials he received from a local shop for like $30 because they had been used.

integrasedan
11-28-2003, 01:21 AM
the previous owner(s) of my '95 integra put in rear clarion speakers,
what do you think? should i upgrade or are they good speakers?

they sound clear, but i wish it had stronger bass, but don't want a subwoofer.

also does wiring with monster cable make the sound any better?

GSteg
11-28-2003, 05:02 PM
the previous owner(s) of my '95 integra put in rear clarion speakers,
what do you think? should i upgrade or are they good speakers?

do they sound good to you? if they don't, buy new ones. if they do sound good to you, keep them.

they sound clear, but i wish it had stronger bass, but don't want a subwoofer. why not a subwoofer? thats the only way you're going to get bass unless you want your mids to put out a lot of bass..which will distort at high volume

also does wiring with monster cable make the sound any better?

no unless u have crappy broken wires from the start

integrasedan
11-28-2003, 05:51 PM
well the vocals are clear and good treble but the bass could be better with my alpine unit. I don't really want a sub because it will take up trunk space and i'll have to buy an amp and the box for the sub. and i'm still waiting to replace me tweeters because one is missing.

i see higher end speaker that says it's made out of this weird material (i can't remember) instead of regular paper cone, will they give me better bass production? what are some brands that have a good reputation for sound quality?

i don't like shopping, so i'd rather hear from other peoples experience with different brands.

GSteg
11-28-2003, 06:01 PM
there are lots of material for cones. ceramic metal, kevlar, carbon fiber, polyprephane (sp?), aluminum, treated paper, etc.

there are so many brand out there. how much are you looking to spend?

natitus86
12-17-2003, 04:13 PM
If you want some good speakers that hit really hard, go with Boston Acoustics NX-97. Expensive ($200 a pair) but hit as hard as a 10'' with the right amp and deck.

unusualcivic
12-17-2003, 07:19 PM
must be a weak 10.

tokes99
12-19-2003, 03:15 AM
In all honesty, when it comes to audio, what works for one won't always work for another. Go to any local stereo shops near you and take a listen to some different models of speakers, then make a determination on what sounds best to you. :) Other people's recommendations aren't bad to have, but it may not be the exact sound you're looking for either if your picky about your taste in sound.

How would you go about finding some decent speakers from places like ebay, or crutchfield.com where you cannot hear them. Brand name, specs, etc.? Because I just want decent sound, and while I know you get what you pay for, 20 bucks for some 6x9 4-ways how bad could they really be?

Add your comment to this topic!