Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

'99 acura 3.2TL: FUSE OUT or st else?

drodavis
11-17-2003, 02:22 PM
Within a half hour, two wierd things happened:
The 'brake light' warning light showed up, and the 4 way switch that controls both side mirrors stopped working in the UP direction. All other directions seem to move perfectly. Neither side mirror will move up.(The switch 'toggles' just fine.) In addition, we can't find a brake light that is malfunctional.....Are both problems really one fuse acting up, or do we really have two different problems....The owners manual is not really clear on the fuses.
Anyone have an idea?
Thanks,
Drodavis

b's
11-20-2003, 06:49 PM
i don't think it's a fuse. if it was a fuse than the mirrors wouldn't move at all nor will your brake light comes on. if the switch is fine than i don't know. but there must be an open wire on the switch. maybe a bad connection. same goes with your brake light. check your bulbs see if any sign of bad connection. most time the contact of the bulb is worn down check that too. (bottom of bulb there should be one or two siliver thingy that contact usually melt down.)

well, that's all that i can seem to come up with.

Privatebigandrew
11-20-2003, 07:13 PM
I agree. Sound like a short to ground......Check you wires and see if the insulation has rubbed through and is now touching bare metal.

Add your comment to this topic!