Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

RX-8 vs. G35

awags75016
11-16-2003, 04:00 PM
Which one should I get, the RX-8 or the G35 Coupe?

Looking at the 6 speeds and it would be used for daily driving.

del
11-16-2003, 08:28 PM
G35 hands down. i test drove the rx-8 and not impressed with the car at all. get yourself some class, gorgeous looks, TORQUE, and nissan reliability and go for the G35.

NISSANSPDR
11-17-2003, 10:52 AM
I agree...G35 coupe or sedan...cant go wrong either way...both available w/manual now so there's no excuse

ZZII
11-18-2003, 08:49 AM
This was a stupid comparo. Yes, the RX-8 is a good car, but it's nothing to a G35. That car is based on the Skyline. And every G35 lover and R34 lover knows this.

awags75016
11-18-2003, 03:06 PM
Well thanks for your opinions. And any other opinions are welcome.

awags75016
11-18-2003, 03:08 PM
Yes I know that it's based on the Skyline. And if there are any other opinions then I'd like to hear 'em.

NISSANSPDR
11-18-2003, 04:05 PM
But let's remember...it's not the Skyline...in my mind...a Skyline is both AWD and has a nice inline 6 twin turbo that is one of the best engines ever produced in Japan.

Not to take away anything from the 3.5 Liter V6 (VQ35DE)...but it's not RB26DETT

MioCLK
11-18-2003, 08:59 PM
But let's remember...it's not the Skyline...in my mind...a Skyline is both AWD and has a nice inline 6 twin turbo that is one of the best engines ever produced in Japan.

Not to take away anything from the 3.5 Liter V6 (VQ35DE)...but it's not RB26DETT

The "Skyline" vehicle itself had been offered in many different engines / drivetrain and body styles, which consisted of coupe, sedan, RWD, AWD, single turbo, twin-turbo, naturally aspirated and so on....(find the Skyline history for detail)
The GT-R was only one of the many models which was produced. A model which had been produced for about only a decade in the "Skyline's" 40+ years of history.
So the Infiniti G35 is in fact, a Nissan Skyline, the name they used in Japan.
But it is certainly not the Skyline GT-R with the famous RB26DETT models which most of the people are familiar with.

NISSANSPDR
11-18-2003, 10:51 PM
You know I am fully aware of the fact that there are turbo and non turbo and RWD and AWD Skyline's...

But in my book...the only one that matters and has made a huge difference...is the AWD TT version...

So in my book once again...the G35 is not a Skyline...the G35 is basically a Z...and the G35 Sedan is a 4 door version.

MioCLK
11-19-2003, 04:38 PM
You know I am fully aware of the fact that there are turbo and non turbo and RWD and AWD Skyline's...

But in my book...the only one that matters and has made a huge difference...is the AWD TT version...

So in my book once again...the G35 is not a Skyline...the G35 is basically a Z...and the G35 Sedan is a 4 door version.

My mistake, sorry. I understand what you mean now.
Maybe thats why the current G35/Skyline didn't carry-on the "R", being R35, instead Nissan named it V35.
Also it seems like Nissan is seperating Skyline and GT-R into two different models and keep the GT-R heritage going!

ZZII
11-19-2003, 07:14 PM
BULLSHIT! they are just trying to keep the GT-R "image" alive. Nissan ended all Skyline production in august of 2002. and when they did, the Skyline died.

The new "GT-R" is a totally different car. it has a VQ36DET (a gay ass aluminum V6! A V6!! it's no better than a shitty mustang!!!:banghead: :angryfire:gay:) it has a totally different body styling to where you can't even tell it's the next geration! And NO, it's not going to be the V35. It's just GT-R. And Nissan doesn't even know if it's going to be under the name Nissan or Infinity. Unless Nissan does like Pontiac and resurects it later on down the lane, it's gone. Plays Taps on the Trumpet...:crying::crying:

http://blowdog.com/images/main_pic11.jpg

It's gone :crying:

MioCLK
11-19-2003, 10:52 PM
BULLSHIT! they are just trying to keep the GT-R "image" alive. Nissan ended all Skyline production in august of 2002. and when they did, the Skyline died.

The new "GT-R" is a totally different car. it has a VQ36DET (a gay ass aluminum V6! A V6!! it's no better than a shitty mustang!!!:banghead: :angryfire:gay:) it has a totally different body styling to where you can't even tell it's the next geration! And NO, it's not going to be the V35. It's just GT-R. And Nissan doesn't even know if it's going to be under the name Nissan or Infinity. Unless Nissan does like Pontiac and resurects it later on down the lane, it's gone. Plays Taps on the Trumpet...:crying::crying:

http://blowdog.com/images/main_pic11.jpg

It's gone :crying:

Yeah..it should be image, not heritage, as the GT-R really has nothing to do with the previous ones. My mistake.
And of couse it won't be called the V35, as it is already used for the current Skyline/G35. I also know the new GT-R and Skyline won't be related, thats why I said "two DIFFERENT models"
The Infiniti G35 sold here is in fact, the Nissan Skyline in Japan. Where in Japan the sedans are offered with 3 engines. 250GT, 300GT, and 350GT. The coupe is only available in 350GT.
But even Nissan doesn't know when the new GT-R will be released, if it is put in production, it will be badged as a Nissan for sure, unless Nissan release the Infinti brand in Japan. As in the U.S. market, it is possible to be badged as Infiniti, but we'll just all have to wait until Nissan really build one and sell it or else everything remains a rumor

Add your comment to this topic!