Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2nd gen nonturbo

Lotus
11-16-2003, 03:57 PM
i want a project car, and ive heard that you can do very little work and get these cars up to 220hp, somthing about widdening the throttle body? is this possible, or am i crazy. or is it easier to get the smae/more power out of the turbo?

Steel
11-16-2003, 06:00 PM
the turbo's make that kina power with just i/h/e. even mote i think, esp the S5's

J-Rat
11-16-2003, 06:33 PM
i want a project car, and ive heard that you can do very little work and get these cars up to 220hp, somthing about widdening the throttle body? is this possible, or am i crazy. or is it easier to get the smae/more power out of the turbo?

The series 5 starts with more horsepower then the series 4. However, getting either car to 220 RWHP is NOT easy.

Jarrett

Soyo
11-16-2003, 09:35 PM
well I wouldn't say its not easy, its just not cheap :iceslolan

J-Rat
11-16-2003, 10:32 PM
Well, its infinately harder to hit 220 RWHP in an N/A, then it is with TII. But I am not going to say it cant be done. Especially with nitrous.

Soyo
11-16-2003, 11:14 PM
honestly I'm gonna say it wouldn't be that difficult, if you know your stuff, get better airflow, fuel management, and all the things most people don't ever think about doing, then it could be done without too much trouble... thats my opinion though, plus I think its more fun the more you put into your car, plus I got a 91 non-turbo for $2250 and thats like a third of what a turbo would cost, really it just depends if you want to spend more money off the bat for a turbo or more in the long run for more mods in a N/A

personally I like the long term N/A work, plus you don't have to worry about taking care of the turbo :biggrin:

J-Rat
11-17-2003, 12:44 AM
Well, thats fine, I have been around rotaries for a long time, and I know that 220 RWHP (which should equate to around 250 or so FWHP) isnt as easy as you think. Standalone will probably get you there, as well as porting the motor. But a stock motor? Not in this lifetime. Your welcome to prove me wrong, and I will gladly admit defeat if you do it. But it wont happen on a stock motor, unless nitrous is involved.

Soyo
11-17-2003, 03:32 PM
definately not a stock motor, porting it though, or putting in like performance racing rotors or whatever ya know, but stok... I don't think you could do it, and if you did, I don't think the motor would hold up long

Add your comment to this topic!