Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

trunk mounted cd changer

Lesabrelover
11-16-2003, 10:23 AM
I am considering putting an oem (or oem type) trunk mounted cd changer in my '02 Lesabre Custom and I have some questions.

1. Where does the unit mount?

2. If my car didnt come with the unit installed from the factory or dealer, is the wiring harness already in the trunk?

I want to use the oem or similar unit so that I dont have to cut or modify the existing system. My car already has the factory in-dash radio/cassette/single cd stereo. Any info would be appreciated

Flatrater
11-16-2003, 05:11 PM
OEM CD changers are really pioneer changers.

1. It is your option on where to mount it no exact area I see most of them tucked into the rear of the wheelwell opening.

2. If it never had a changer than the wiring is not there. When you buy a changer they sell the harness which will plug into the back of the radio.

ghink
11-17-2003, 10:20 AM
I am considering putting an oem (or oem type) trunk mounted cd changer in my '02 Lesabre Custom and I have some questions.

1. Where does the unit mount?

2. If my car didnt come with the unit installed from the factory or dealer, is the wiring harness already in the trunk?

I want to use the oem or similar unit so that I dont have to cut or modify the existing system. My car already has the factory in-dash radio/cassette/single cd stereo. Any info would be appreciated

Call M & R Electronics: 800-343-1382
http://www.mnrelectronics.com/

Add your comment to this topic!