Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Change the display on the BOSE stereo

neo_u_loco
11-16-2003, 09:58 AM
When I tune my stereo in to some stations, the display will read some text, like the radio call sign or key phrase like "The Buzz" I can then tune to some stations that will actually display the song and artist that is playing.
My question here is, can I do this with home made CDs? Can I add some type of tag to the track to make it display what I want?

tmricha
11-21-2003, 02:32 PM
Simple answer...yes. Read the Owners Manual, it tells you how.

neo_u_loco
11-23-2003, 03:04 PM
that is nice, but I haven't found anything in the manual about this. Do you happen to know the location?

Bullethole
11-24-2003, 04:57 PM
I have read mine cover to cover and there is no mention of "Artist/Title" available from a cd. My computer does it on my mp3 files but the Bose/Delphi system will not play them. However it would be nice if it would. I am a stockholder in Delphi (DELCO) and they will be offering some neat audio in the near future. Removable hard drives to take inside and load up with mp3's and such so there will be no need for cd's. Look for them on Cadillacs first and then they will find there way to the other models soon. Actually they have it backwards. Most folks who buy these cars have little interest in storing hundreds of hours of music on board. They need to be after the youth market who instinctively know how these things work. :sunglasse

Add your comment to this topic!