Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Manual vs Auto~

Baby_God
12-11-2001, 11:25 PM
Gday all,

some people told me that i'd better buy a skyline with manual, cuz it has got more power..

is that true?

what do u think guys?

Would u buy a skyline with manual or auto?

GTR-33
12-12-2001, 04:02 AM
What model are you looking at? GTR? Well the GTR only comes manual. Other wise there is the less potent GTS-T, GTS, GT-T, GT. All of which have the option of an auto tranny. As far as an auto making less power? Not true. Bothe the Autos and the Manuals make the same power at the flywheel. The Auto might make a little less at the wheels, but it is neglegeable. Its all personal preferece. I personally would get a manual, its alittle faster and a helluva lot more fun. If you do alot of city driveing in alot of traffic, the manual can be a BIG pain in the ass. The Skyline has a very stiff clutch.

Peace

moondog
12-12-2001, 04:17 AM
nope, the auto GTSt (R32) had 153 kW, the manual 165. The auto R34 25GTt has 20Nm less torque, so it's most likely got less power, even though it's quoted as 206 kW same as the manual. I'm not sure of details for the R33

Baby_God
12-12-2001, 10:40 PM
thanks for all ur concern on my question..^^

i am interested in GTS4 32 (HOPELY I CAN GET 93' MODEL)

well, i am now driving auto for a couple of years and i am going to learn the manual driving for my future car..^^

cheers

Gonthrax
12-13-2001, 05:08 PM
I think the question you need to ask yourself is are you looking for transportation to and from places, or do you want a Skyline. Are you planning on modding at all? If you just want a nice looking car with some power, go for auto. But if you want a performance car, go for manual.

GTR-33
12-13-2001, 07:34 PM
Moondog, is that at the flywheel or at the wheels? There is a difference. It doesn't matter what kind of transmission you have, they all are going to make the same power at the flywheel. Notice that I also added the the auto probably makes less at the wheels. At the wheels there is going to be a difference, but not that much.

Add your comment to this topic!