Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

heater not heating

splashman420
11-15-2003, 10:19 AM
i have a 1987 buick lesabre and the heater will not heat . the heater fan is blowing and all the heater lines are going in to the core but it still blows no heat, no mater how long its on .

Tommy Boy
11-21-2003, 12:42 PM
My heater is blowing warm air from the floor vents and one of the windshield vents, but one of the windshield vents is cranking out cold air. Any ideas as to what the problem is?

leinge
11-22-2003, 02:00 AM
I have a 95 LeSabre which, also, has a heater that is not heating though the fan blows. Suggestions on how to fix it would be appreciated.

krazibimmer
11-22-2003, 02:17 AM
there probably air in the coolant system or the t-stat stuck open or the heater core is plug up. try change the t-stat and coolant and when changing the coolant, back flush the heat core and refill the coolant with new coolant and completely bleed out the air that is in the system. hope this help.

leinge
11-28-2003, 12:59 PM
there probably air in the coolant system or the t-stat stuck open or the heater core is plug up. try change the t-stat and coolant and when changing the coolant, back flush the heat core and refill the coolant with new coolant and completely bleed out the air that is in the system. hope this help.

Thanks. It was the thermostat. --leinge

krazibimmer
11-28-2003, 02:14 PM
no problem. glad i could help.

Add your comment to this topic!