Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Caterham super seven

globetrotter
11-14-2003, 07:18 PM
Hi guys

I'm thinking of buying the 1/12 caterham super seven kit from tamiya because im dreaming of it since I was twelve.
It's the ultimate kit for me :naughty:

see: http://www.hlj.com/cgi-perl/hljpage.cgi?TAM10202

The kit is now been reissued , so now is the time to get it

As anyone build the kit, because i wonder how hard it is to build it, since its really expensive and i'm not a pro builder and i really dont wanna fuck it. :banghead:

Although i could buy the kit and built it after a few years wen i'm more experienced :biggrin:

Anyone ?

urraco75
11-15-2003, 06:09 AM
Hi guys

As anyone build the kit, because i wonder how hard it is to build it, since its really expensive and i'm not a pro builder and i really dont wanna fuck it. :banghead:

Anyone ?

I have this kit, but didn't build it. It seems to be not so hard to build, but you need to take your time to do it as it's very easy to fuck it. But it's a very nice model when it's build, i saw many Caterham build and there're beautifull :naughty:

So, don't wait to much to get it and take time after to build it :p

Zcaithaca
11-15-2003, 02:13 PM
well..... if you have 2009109605679857892346098769358382 yen to spare (220 bucks) go for it.... but take your time

HFPE
11-17-2003, 06:15 AM
I have this kit, I was fortunate enuff to buy it off someone else at half the price. Am planning to start it during my December holidays.

Have had a good look at it and don't think it is too difficult but will require a lot of concentration - as long as you can follow instructions and work with tiny screw you should be fine.

I bought the detail kit as well and can't wait to see the final results.
It adds a lot of extra fiddly bits :)

globetrotter
11-18-2003, 01:01 PM
Thanks for the replies guys. On saterday I went to my local shop to ask how much it exactly cots. The guy said he would phone on monday to the main distributor in belgium (where I live), but is still havent heard him (damn)

whats with the detail kit. I never heard of it and where can you get it ?

HFPE
11-19-2003, 12:37 AM
I had to search high and low for it there were 3 produced:
1 from Sakutsa which is now discontinued you can see it on HLJ website.
The second which I got was from Replicas and Miniatures in Maryland. You can email them on ReplMinCoMd@aol.com
The third I came across the otherday from Antares
http://www.antaresmodels.com look under their car section. It seems to be a limited run though.

Hope this helps :-)

HFPE
11-19-2003, 12:43 AM
Why don't you order it from HLJ?

globetrotter
11-19-2003, 01:06 PM
thanks,

About the ordering.

The kit is about 50$ cheaper at hlj but I don't think that weighs up at the risk and the schipping costs (real big box).

Add your comment to this topic!